Emma's vet appointment today...
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emma's vet appointment today...

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

DefaultEmma's vet appointment today...

UPDATE:

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers, we really appreciate them very much.

We are back from ultrasound (we have been walking too). The lump is in a hard place. Lots of blood vessels and not far from the trachea. So it's located in a bad place. The u/s vet thought it would be tough to remove all of it. Since it's so close to blood vessels, veins and stuff in there it could come up severe bleeding during a surgery. But he'll talk to the other vet about what's best. On the question how long it will take for the lump to disturb her seriously.. He said it could be months or years depending how fast it grows.

So my summary of this is that it sucks if it's left alone and grow fast and give her complications and it sucks if the surgery screws up something. I just want her to have a good, long(er), happy life with no worries. I will talk to the vet again next week (when vet #1 has talked to vet #2 and #3...and then he'll call me) about what to do. I hope they can give me some peace, but I don't think anyone can in this situation.

(Oh and I think they treated her well during her hospital time in August... because she was in hurry through the parking lot to the front door.. Usually she's not too keen about vet visits.)

Good news is she isn't bothered at all by it for now. We took a nice walk and Emma was power walking. We were at the park and I hide behind a tree and Emma didn't see me and ran far away. I had to call her loud and jump up and down (it was getting dark too) before she saw me and came running to me with the biggest smile on her face. She might be close to 14, but I have still no chance catching up with her in moments like that. Now she's tucked in couch, sleeping. I love her.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
    The vet felt on the lump and said he wanted to talk with the vet who did the radiation (That hospital is about 100 miles from home) so he will call her. He also wanted to do an ultrasound
    before he could say if it was possible to remove it all. If it isn't possible to remove everything you can see of it, it would grow back way too fast...

The ultrasound will be done tomorrow at a hospital (the local vet doesn't have that type of equipment). I'm so scared. I just wanted him to say it wasn't the lump coming back... That it was just a fatty lump and it wouldn't grow more. I just wanted him to say it wasn't anything to worry about I asked him if it was possible it would grow into her throat... and he said it could. I'm so angry and sad.... I'm angry at that stupid lump and sad for my poor girl.

Please keep my Emma in your thoughts for tomorrow. Please make this lump be easy placed for a successful removal. I just hope they can take it out and it will never be back... I just hope one third surgery would take that beast away for good.

Before she got this one for the first time. A year before that summer 2006 she had one on her elbow, a HPC too. It didn't grow very fast and was successfully removed February 2007. It never came back... And now this horrible, mean lump.

Sorry for rambling... I'm just so sad and worried. I just love my girl so much <3.

(On a side note there was an older man with his dog before me. When we sat in the waiting room the vet and tech walked him, the man,to the toilet... It came blood all the way. I guess it came from his mouth? It was HUGE lumps of coagulated blood and bloody footprints on the floor... looked like strawberry jam... took me a while to realize what it was . Apparently he had recently been through a surgery... He was still in the toilet when we were done. His wife had got there and they called an ambulance. So scary. Poor guy hope he is ok).
    Last edited by Emma the Lab; 11-04-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Update
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Lilprincee is offline Senior Member

I am so sad to read this. I am praying that your precious Emma will be just fine and this will be a lump that you can get rid of forever. (((((Hugs)))) to you and Emma.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

holding hands with you tomorrow. tomorrow is jax's surgery day, too. wish we could wait this out together. keeping you close in thought!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

DefaultI have been following her story

and praying for a good outcome.
    I know how much you love her.
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

lisa is offline Senior Member

Lots of prayers and good thoughts for Emma and Hugs for you. Putting her in on my radio stations prayer list now.

hark67 is offline Senior Member

Oh Veronica. My heart aches to hear that you and Emma are going through this again. It's just not fair. I will be praying for good news. Hugs for you and Emma.

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

I am sending all sorts of positive thoughts Emma's way.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Thank you all. The vet will probably call me next week about how it looks after talking to the other vet. (If he doesn't have time tomorrow after the ultra sound is done)... He said he was going to have Thursday and Friday off. My sweet girl is sleeping in her bed and doesn't know anything is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zoezoe View Post
    holding hands with you tomorrow. tomorrow is jax's surgery day, too. wish we could wait this out together. keeping you close in thought!!!
    Holding your hand tomorrow Sandy . My best thoughts for Jax's surgery.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts and prayers Veronica.

joflake is offline Senior Member

Veronica, You know you and Emma are in my prayers every day. I was hoping for better news also. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. Hugs to you and big smooches for your girl. I know how much you love her. She knows it too. I will be thinking of you both.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast