Just saw something that made me very mad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just saw something that made me very mad

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust saw something that made me very mad

I was walking Saba and we came across this approx. 7 yr old boy DRAGGING a puppy on his leash. The pup was maybe 3-4 months old, a mix of sorts. The boy had the leash wrapped across his shoulders and kept pulling at this dog something incredible. As they passed us, the dog pulled on the leash and ran over to say hello to Saba. I handed him back the pup on a leash with a couple of comments.

Anyway, I kept walking and then as I was entering a park, I heard some sounds so I turn around and the pup was lying down and the kid was pounding on that dog! I saw him hit his head and then his body, yelling in a very vicious 7 year old voice "I told you not to do that! Stupid dog! Stupid dog!! I know the kid was only 7 or so but the "pound!" was quite loud. I turned around and started to run towards him (we were quite a bit away by then) and yelled: HEY! HEY KID! Don't hit that dog!! He took off with the dog and he went into one of the houses, but unfortunately from where I was, I couldn't tell which one. Which is good because I would probably get arrested... if I caught up with the kid I'd probably would have a very strong impulse to slap him across the head and then tell his parents all the things that I had on my mind.
    Just another example of stupid ass people buying a dog for their kid and letting him walk him with absolutely no supervision. People are such f'n idiots.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

I wouldn't let Rhiannon out on her own with Dinozzo - she may be only 10 but very sensible...however, the responsibility is too much at such a young age. As for letting a 7 year old loose with a puppy - sheer madness!!!

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Let's stake that street out - and let the parents know they've got a violent child on their hands, who needs to be taught respect, and compassion, and possibly, seek counseling. I'm serious. I'm down with standing on the street until we find this kid. I'll even knock on doors and ask if they have a puppy, or if know if their neighbours do.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Blondiega1 is offline Senior Member

I wish I had not read this.
    I want to live in a world where everybody spoils their dogs like I do!
    It's a tough life.....but someone has to do it.
    Daisy and Coco sunbathing.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineFizz View Post
    Let's stake that street out - and let the parents know they've got a violent child on their hands, who needs to be taught respect, and compassion, and possibly, seek counseling. I'm serious. I'm down with standing on the street until we find this kid. I'll even knock on doors and ask if they have a puppy, or if know if their neighbours do.
    Don't laugh Karina, but when I walked away, I said to Saba: well, we'll just have to walk this way again tomorrow to check things out.. LOL this kid had some anger issues. It was on Swift Crescent.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I say let's do it. That little shit can't be allowed to treat a puppy like this. What's next? Some adult life wife beating?
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Probably following the lead he sees at home. I would not expect too much from Mom and Dad.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

momofalab is offline Senior Member

I guess what bothers me even more...is what 7 yr old can hold back that puppy, when a bigger dog come running towards him. I have a 7 yr old, maybe I am over protective of my children. I just can't picture me sending her out to walk either dogs, even if they were small puppies. Some people are idiots, and really need a wake up call. Poor Puppy

lisa is offline Senior Member

In a case like this unfortunately... the apple probably doesn't fall far from the tree. If he is behaving like that, his parents are probably no better. Poor dog, people should have to pass a strict exam to buy or adopt a dog.

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lisa View Post
    I Poor dog, people should have to pass a strict exam to buy or adopt a dog.
    Or children for that matter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast