Coming down the homestretch and I'm... a bundle... of Idontknowwhat...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming down the homestretch and I'm... a bundle... of Idontknowwhat...

dweck is offline Senior Member

DefaultComing down the homestretch and I'm... a bundle... of Idontknowwhat...

I am a week-and-a-day away from Parker Pickup.

The family's excited. *I'm* EXCITED. The house has been dogless long enough.

We're going shopping this weekend. Food. Bowls. Each dweckette is picking out a special toy.

I'm borrowing two puppycrates: One for upstairs in our bedroom @ night; the other for the kitchen. I've hauled out the babygates and de-cobwebbed them from the garage. I've taken our load of dogtowels and sent them through the wash, just to freshen them up.

We're puppyproofing. Last night, Barbie's Vacation Condo, which has been in our dining room since Christmas, received notice that its neighborhood was being re-zoned. Barbie and her galpals are packing up for a rather drastic relo, but the expectation is that they'll adapt quickly.

My dogclass buddies are all pins-and-needles. I've been getting good thoughts (and even a present) for a while now.

So the prep continues.

And I'm really happy.

But I find myself sifting through the memories of Wesley once again. Not in an overly sad way. Maybe a little wistful. Maybe just caressing the past one more time, especially as I touch/view/consider his "stuff" and what we may want to re-use.

His leash.

Wes' leash has dangled on a hook by our garage door since he went onward.

And although it's too heavy for Parker right now, someday soon, it's going to leave that perch and go back into commission.

And for my money, that will be a happy day.

I think the thinks that I'm thinking now are good ones. I also think that it's a good time for all this consideration.

Because a week and a day from now...

I'm going to have my hands too friggin busy to even remember my name!!!!

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

We're puppyproofing. Last night, Barbie's Vacation Condo, which has been in our dining room since Christmas, received notice that its neighborhood was being re-zoned. Barbie and her galpals are packing up for a rather drastic relo, but the expectation is that they'll adapt quickly.

I'm going to have my hands too friggin busy to even remember my name!!!!
    FOR SURE!!!!

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Ah you sound very prepared Dan and family. I am sure Wes is looking down and smiling.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

LMAO!!
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

oakley is offline Senior Member

I am so happy for you and your family!!!

Wes understands and wants you to shower your love on a puppy again.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Just keep an eye out for any backlash from Barbie and pals. They may seem to have taken the zoning notice on the level, but I'll bet there may be some uprising at a later date. Especially when little puppy teeth may find the occasional soft leg or two, when he's quicker than they can move.... Hopefully not though...

Passing on those special items is always a bittersweet day. There's some fierce proudness when it gets put on, and some bittersweet memories going by too. But you'll welcome both.

Enjoy your sleep this week Dan LOL
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

bearbuddymarie is offline Senior Member

I am soooooooooo jealous !
    But not of the missing sleep part,,,,,,,,,,,,
    OH, even that is worth it !!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE post tons of pics !
    Buddy 11

bella 5

Bruno 3

javasmom is offline Senior Member

We're all right there with you Dan...waiting anxiously.
    I have a feeling when you pick up Parker there will be an overwhelming mix of emotion....pure joy and happiness, of course...but also a little melancholy, sadness and love that may not fully hit you until you are there with parker. If it weren't for Wes moving on to the Bridge, leaving those beautiful footprints on your hearts and memories, Parker would not be a part of your life.
    Congratulations to you and your family....may Parker help to heal your broken hearts.

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

"Parker Pickup Day". I love that! I am excited beyond words for you and all the dweckettes! Stock up on sleep this next week. Those middle of the night "calls" will be here before you know it! Happy shopping this weekend. The preparation is also part of the joy of getting a new family member.

I am glad your memories are becoming happier ones. You will always miss Wes. He will always hold a very special, unique place in your heart. {{HUGS}}

We expect lots of pictures - don't forget!! And ask Laura to take one of you with Parker at the airport - we want to see that very first meeting!!
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

I am so excited for you. I've been glued to the puppy cam. They have turned into spawn so be prepared. LOL
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast