Sam-wise and his...Sam-wiseness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam-wise and his...Sam-wiseness

LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

AngrySam-wise and his...Sam-wiseness

So Sam has seizures, has since we brought him home from the rescue. Well he went over a year without a seizure so the vet weaned him off his meds, because he's had A LOT of behavior issues. (Those who know Sam I'm sure remember his antics, he gives Angus a run for his money!!). Well We went almost a year without a seizure without the meds, and then he had one. Called the vet, she said one a year is perfectly fine and didn't want to put him back on his meds, well he had two more in a month so back on Pheno. we went.

The dog has been a TERROR ever since then. He has been throwing the biggest fit in his crates. He completely tore up his crate.

Something told me to give him water in his crate, that quieted him down for a few days and then it started in again.

The way he acts you would think he's never ever been in a crate, and he's been in a crate since we brought him home.

He has a vet appt. this afternoon so hopefully she can figure something out.

Shane's slept on the couch the last two nights and all four of the dogs have been in bed with me. I don't know if Sam just doesn't feel good or what is going on. I left last weekend to run to the store and Shane was in the shower so Sam and Emma went in their crates and Shane said Sam just started HOWLING he got all four of them going...kind of wish I could of heard that.

Oh and he's chewing on my wall....

Now the 'hole' was there already so he didn't put a massive hole in my wall...I did that moving the bed and it slipped and slammed into my cheapo dry wall..but he keeps attempting to chew on it, I have been covering it up to keep him away from it

Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador ... or more in your lap!

Happy 15, Emma 8. RIP Lucky September 6, 2005 - June 7 2013 Sam-Wise March 11, 2006 - May 11, 2016

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

OMG that crate! I hope he is ok.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

WOW, I've never seen anything like that crate... poor Sam hope he didn't hurt himself and I really hope the vet can figure something out. Obviously the meds are affecting him greatly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

OMG!!!
    I can't believe how much damage he was able to do to that crate!!

And he's the weakest of them!! Emma can literally barrel through a crate door if she wanted to, luckily she's learned not to!

He didn't hurt himself any, that's why I brought him in bed with me, because I didn't want him to get hurt. Laying down with me he's fine, right now he's asleep on the couch.

Happy 15, Emma 8. RIP Lucky September 6, 2005 - June 7 2013 Sam-Wise March 11, 2006 - May 11, 2016

Samson is offline Senior Member

Poor Sam ! Hope that you can work through this !

Tanya is offline Senior Member

wow, that is some crazy damage. wonder if the meds are making him anxious (enough to do all that)?

I would discuss with the vet, not sure if you give the dose needed to stop the seizures or if you can go down abit?? (I don't know that there are many alternatives to pheno...??)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Poor guy - hope you get some options that will work for you both

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Poor man! Maybe you can talk with the vet about KBr or Keppra for seizure control instead of Phenobarb?

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

We're leaving in about twenty minutes, so I should have some answers soon I hope!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast