I am so ticked at Bentley!!

Thread: I am so ticked at Bentley!!

deidra is offline Senior Member

DefaultI am so ticked at Bentley!!

I let them out to go to the bathroom and guess what Bentley does. He takes off! He is usually good at staying in the yard but not today! Of course today I have not been in a good mood so he makes it 10* worse. It took 2 hrs to catch him. He is now staying in his crate for awhile so I can cool down. He is no longer allowed to be off leash until I can trust him 100% since this is not the 1st this has happened. He is NOT getting his present from the Easter bunny tomorrow either unless I tell him it is okay. If not he can wait until the 4th of July to get it.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I know exactly what you mean. BUT tomorrow will come and so will the Easter bunny. I'm glad you got him back home safe an sound.
    I guess it's one of those 'lessons' we all learn slowly. Trust. Rush is 8 and I still don't trust her off leash. She will do perfect 99% of
    the time, then WHAM, she catches a scent and off she goes. What a PITA.

I can trust Tank 100% I have put him to the test so many times. I have had him for 3+ years. I have only had Bentley for 5 months so we have a lot to work on still. I let him out of his crate and he laid down on the end of the couch staring at me and then put his head in my lap so I think he may get his present.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by deidra View Post
    I can trust Tank 100% I have put him to the test so many times. I have had him for 3+ years. I have only had Bentley for 5 months so we have a lot to work on still. I let him out of his crate and he laid down on the end of the couch staring at me and then put his head in my lap so I think he may get his present.
    Haha! Easily suckered by a Lab... I think most of us are. We get mad at them so easy because we love them so much, but they always know how to wiggle their way back into our good graces. I'm glad you found him & he was okay. I think he deserves a treat, he seems to know that he pissed you off.

Yes,I was suckered by a lab He got an ear scratch

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

You'll have sympathy for Claire (one of the regulars at the park we go to). She has a Beagle (Toby) and took him for a walk by the canal. Toby used to take off on a regular basis but has been good recently since he was neutered, so she let him off the leash. Whether he found the trail of a rabbit, fox, deer or badger she couldn't guess, but he went into 'Beagle hunt' mode and took off across the field. Unfortunately it was a field of rapeseed and it's coming into flower - horrible stuff it is, the yellow is so harsh it hurts the eyes and it stinks.
    Took him 9 hours to come back - perhaps the rapeseed confused his sense of smell (it's overpowering to the human nose, so heaven alone knows what it will do to a dogs) and he couldn't find his way back but Claire said he was visibly shaking when he eventually found her.

*I don't take Dinozzo down there now, the last time he dived into the canal...which didn't impress the fishermen *

Glad it wasn't 9 hrs for Bentley I would of had a heart attack. Glad they found the beagle.

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

It was a very tense time for Claire and James. They kept swapping places for comfort breaks.

For just 2 hrs I was about to panick with Bentley missing. Now he stays ona long lead so that does not happen. We take ur dogs to local ponds so the fishermen can't get mad Or we take them to my uncles campsite and they play there

bett is offline Senior Member

not good.
    you got lucky today.