Cesar Milan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cesar Milan

ajiteshverma is offline Senior Member

QuestionCesar Milan

Hi all,
    I just came across some articles and videos about Cesar Milan... is any one aware about him? His methods of training? is he simply popular or is he effective too?
    'all you need is lab'

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ajiteshverma View Post
    Hi all,
    I just came across some articles and videos about Cesar Milan... is any one aware about him? His methods of training? is he simply popular or is he effective too?
    His way of training is pretty effective

But, mostly it depends on how the dog reacts on the situation

sarah is offline Senior Member

I dunno ..... I prefer Victoria Stilwell ... she really focuses on Postive Reinforcement and her training ideas don't focus on dominance.

http://www.victoriastilwell.com/
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Pros and cons. Different methods work with differrent dogs, different people. Sometimes just for different behaviors.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

mommacomet is offline Senior Member

I really like Victoria Stilwell and her methods have done wonders with Katie. As far as Cesar Milan I have never liked or cared for him and his training methods. Matter of personal preference.

Snowflake is offline Senior Member

When it comes to training methods, I say go with whatever works for you. There's no one magical method. You know you and your dog, and if you think his method would work, then go with it.

Personally, I use a little from here and a little from there and a little I've come up with myself. Sally is very hard-headed and needs a much stronger method more like Cesar. But Spud is so submissive and docile, if I used Cesar's method with him, he would be a basket case.

So whatever works for you.

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mommacomet View Post
    I really like Victoria Stilwell and her methods have done wonders with Katie. As far as Cesar Milan I have never liked or cared for him and his training methods. Matter of personal preference.
    Ditto what she said. But I also agree with Snowflake, I think whatever works for you is the right way to go.

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    When it comes to training methods, I say go with whatever works for you. There's no one magical method. You know you and your dog, and if you think his method would work, then go with it.

Personally, I use a little from here and a little from there and a little I've come up with myself. Sally is very hard-headed and needs a much stronger method more like Cesar. But Spud is so submissive and docile, if I used Cesar's method with him, he would be a basket case.

So whatever works for you.
    Exactly this.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

SeaWolfLabs is offline Senior Member

I love Cesar and his training methods. I have used several of his technniques, successfully and i really think he knows his dogs well.

Aidan- UCH Kelrobins Yellow Brick Road aka/ The PorkChop

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

We watch Cesar and Victoria. Both have given us some great ideas and tips on working with Coco and Abbey. We are totally dedicated to positive reinforcement and reward. Loud and aggressive would not work with either of the girls. I don't know anyone, human or dog, that likes or responds well to someone yelling or pushing them around.

All dogs are different and you just have to find out what works for each of them. Use what works and trash the rest.
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast