Humor for you, not me!!!

Thread: Humor for you, not me!!!

mandaz000 is offline Senior Member

DefaultHumor for you, not me!!!

I figured with all these serious posts I would post something that you guys might find funny. It wasn't however funny to me.

A little background. I have a an extreme irrational fear of mice. I don't know when or why it happened but I do and I can barely handle anything that associates with them like mouse traps. I know it's stupid but I do and I haven't found a way to break it. So with that said.

Picture it, Saturday night. My good friend wants me to come over to her mom's and hang out. I've known her and her family forever so we all hang out on occasion. I took Aspen with me. Her mom has a dog and Aspen and her dog play together sometimes.

We let Aspen and her dog go out for a potty break and when they came back inside I could tell Aspen had something in her mouth. So I start to walk toward her and she takes off. She proceeds to break it apart and throw it up in the air and play with it. I'm still trying to get her to give it to me. I figure it's mud or poop or something. Aspen drops it... I go in with a paper towel to pick it up. Right as I'm about to grab it my friend yells it's a mouse. I jumped back so quickly I almost fell over the couch. My friend then proceeds to tell me she is kidding. Nice, right? Well by this time Aspen has picked it back up and starts throwing pieces of it around. This time drops it by my friends mom who proceeds to tell me it really is a mouse, but it doesn't have hair. Why the frick doesn't it have hair? Again I freeze while everyone else is watching in horror. Aspen is extremely hyper because of the way I reacted, I know bad mom. All of a sudden my friend and her mom are running around screaming "Aspen outside" "Aspen outside." Good thing Aspen knows what that means, yet I'm still there frozen. Aspen ran outside for a few seconds then returns to the door with mouth open and tail wagging as if to say "it's all gone, I can come back in now." I had nightmares that night about mice. Oh the horror.

Amanda

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

....oh Aspen you shouldn't scare your mom!! Hairless?? ewww

mandaz000 is offline Senior Member

Yep Shelly hairless... That made it even worse.

Amanda

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

*shudder*

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

LOL this is really funny... sorry... phobias are like that, irrational.

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mandaz000 View Post
    I figured with all these serious posts I would post something that you guys might find funny. It wasn't however funny to me.

A little background. I have a an extreme irrational fear of mice. I don't know when or why it happened but I do and I can barely handle anything that associates with them like mouse traps. I know it's stupid but I do and I haven't found a way to break it. So with that said.

Picture it, Saturday night. My good friend wants me to come over to her mom's and hang out. I've known her and her family forever so we all hang out on occasion. I took Aspen with me. Her mom has a dog and Aspen and her dog play together sometimes.

We let Aspen and her dog go out for a potty break and when they came back inside I could tell Aspen had something in her mouth. So I start to walk toward her and she takes off. She proceeds to break it apart and throw it up in the air and play with it. I'm still trying to get her to give it to me. I figure it's mud or poop or something. Aspen drops it... I go in with a paper towel to pick it up. Right as I'm about to grab it my friend yells it's a mouse. I jumped back so quickly I almost fell over the couch. My friend then proceeds to tell me she is kidding. Nice, right? Well by this time Aspen has picked it back up and starts throwing pieces of it around. This time drops it by my friends mom who proceeds to tell me it really is a mouse, but it doesn't have hair. Why the frick doesn't it have hair? Again I freeze while everyone else is watching in horror. Aspen is extremely hyper because of the way I reacted, I know bad mom. All of a sudden my friend and her mom are running around screaming "Aspen outside" "Aspen outside." Good thing Aspen knows what that means, yet I'm still there frozen. Aspen ran outside for a few seconds then returns to the door with mouth open and tail wagging as if to say "it's all gone, I can come back in now." I had nightmares that night about mice. Oh the horror.
    Amanda, i am SOOOOOOOOOOOO with you on that! I hate mice. Gerbils. rats. Squirrels. Basically anything creepy, crawly and smaller than a cat. Shiver.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Just another reason I don't have doggy doors here!

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

I understand your reaction. Rodents of nearly every kind creep me out.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06