Just Labradors banner

Simba Food Aggressive

846 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Felix 
#1 ·
I just don't know what to do about Simba and this sudden food aggressiveness she's adopted lately. For about the last 2 months she's turned into a b!tch at supper time. I've taken to feeding her in her kennel and leaving her there until Thunder & Bud are done eating. She's getting treats last, if she starts her low growl while on the couch with the boys, I'm telling her to get down. Yes, she is leader of the pack, but still her behavior lately is just plain b!tchy, especially where food or toys are concerned. AND she's started counter-surfing now too!!!

She'll be 4 next month and she's spoiled and knows it.

#3 ·
Macy is very food aggressive, Kim. Has been since day 1 (she just turned 2). I bought a slip lead for her and it goes on her while she eats and I stand there patiently and hold the lead while she eats. She used to try and run to Tucker's bowl after she finished hers, but now she sits and waits patiently until he's finished (me still holding on to her). Frankie eats in his crate so no one bothers him. :)

Might be worth a try?

#5 ·
Sounds like some little lady needs taken down a peg or two. Willy was growly like that with us getting into bed, until he got his butt kicked out to the floor a couple times, just like you did. That took care of that, but he still thinks he's the top dog sometimes. He too, gets treats and everything else last. At least he's not food aggressive. I'm not sure what else to tell you. Others here have more experience than me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.