labradoodles?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: labradoodles?

deidra is offline Senior Member

Defaultlabradoodles?

I heard they are good dogs but i wanted to no does anyone have experience with them?I will addmit i am terrified of poodels im o.k. with standards but not the little one's.I heard they are smart since the lab and poodle are the top 10 smartest breeds.Im not getting on i would get a pit bull or rottweiler before a labradoodle .Not trying to offend anyone with their labradoodle but im scared of poodles.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by deidra View Post
    I will addmit i am terrified of poodels im o.k. with standards but not the little one's
    Why?

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Deidra, trying searching for some posts by Cappy. He & his wife have two labs & Rusty, their labradoodle. He hunted with Cappy & his wife this year, he retrieved ducks for them, just like the labs do.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Why?
    i dont no i gues the same reason some i terrified with pit bulls and rotwelers.It is probley mainly of they bite me i had to take care of someone poodle and it bit me all the time and i always have them chace me down the road today i was biking with bentley and someones came running down the road and bit bentley i told them next time that dog gets out and bites me or one of my dogs i will call the police station since that wa the 3rd insedent

dweck is offline Senior Member

I've put my foot in my mouth enough w/this topic. All I'll say about doodles is this: Although I understand that people like them and want them, I'd rather have a 100% labrador.

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

[QUOTE=dweck;1556651]I've put my foot in my mouth enough w/this topic. All I'll say about doodles is this: Although I understand that people like them and want them, I'd rather have a 100% labrador.[/QUOT
    i understand most people dont like the designer breeds due to health problems,temperment and labs are supposed to be labs and poodles need to be poodles.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by deidra View Post
    i understand most people dont like the designer breeds due to health problems,temperment and labs are supposed to be labs and poodles need to be poodles.
    Actually many oppose the deliberate creation of mixed breed dogs. The lion's share of those breeding Labradoodles are looking to line their pockets with cash not "develop a new breed" and don't start with excellent examples of either breed/test for genetic problems/breed for temperament - etc, etc.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    Actually many oppose the deliberate creation of mixed breed dogs. The lion's share of those breeding Labradoodles are looking to line their pockets with cash not "develop a new breed" and don't start with excellent examples of either breed/test for genetic problems/breed for temperament - etc, etc.
    oohhh ok see like my femal who is healthy utd on shots now health problems got out and breed with the neighbors english setter who is a breeder healthy utd with shots and everything that was an accident so are you saying my puppies are going to be unhealthy i understand about just money in the pockets my moms step-brother went 9 months ago and got a rottweiler from a breeder and that dog has alot of medical issues and is deaf in one ear and partially in the other.he asked peopleaout there puppies and theres have either temperment or health issues also.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

So you are talking about a Labrador / Poodle MIX vs an actual Labradoodle (the more developed breed from Australia)? The real Labradoodle, from what I've seen, is not as poodle-y. I heard there are more breeds involved w/ the real one. Actually had a real breeder wanting to get into our CERF clinic (too late) and I was impressed w/ the fact they were doing all their health clearances and had a plan vs a willy nilly breed to the neighbor's dog thing.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    So you are talking about a Labrador / Poodle MIX vs an actual Labradoodle (the more developed breed from Australia)? The real Labradoodle, from what I've seen, is not as poodle-y. I heard there are more breeds involved w/ the real one. Actually had a real breeder wanting to get into our CERF clinic (too late) and I was impressed w/ the fact they were doing all their health clearances and had a plan vs a willy nilly breed to the neighbor's dog thing.
    i was talking about the actuall labradoodle!I was just wanting to no like there temperment how they work ect.ect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast