Bath tub fun?

Thread: Bath tub fun?

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

DefaultBath tub fun?

I decided to wash my hair the other day in the tub. (kneeling into the tub with head under faucet) Avery who is normally not allowed in the bathroom... followed me in and was at first just sitting watching me. I guess he got too curious and decided to half hang in the tub and lick my face or arm as i'm trying to shampoo. He then tried to climb in. I tried to stop him and then finally got him away from me. After I finished I was brushing my hair and I turn around because I heard noises, he was in the tub licking the water off the walls. HA HA Now he's so intrigued as to what goes on in there if you leave the shower cutain pulled back he jumps right in. I giggled and turned the water on to see if he would be afraid, NOPE he loved it. I didn't wash him but we played with the water for a while. I guess that's a good thing for the future in case he every needs a wash soon right? He's 4 months now... it's to early to give him a bath right? He's got puppy dander so I'm not sure a bath is a good idea....

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

I don't bathe my girls...ever. They swim alot (when it's warmer out) so they don't need baths. They have each only had 1 bath in their life.

Java and Moka both LOVE when I take a bubble bath. They sit at the side of the tub and make snarly faces at the bubbles, then eat them. Java gets pretty bent out of shape if I make a Santa beard with bubbles though..

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Toby was in the tub last night because he was covered in mud!! He loves to bite at the water when it comes out of the faucet then he proceded to dig the tub. That dog is a riot!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HAHAHAHA That's exactly what Avery did!!! drink the water out of the faucet then dig at the drain. I was laughing like where you digging to? CHINA? haha

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

I have a bubble bath bandit. If I run myself a bath, I have to shut the door, or keep a very close eye on her,or else she helps herself to my bath. As it is, both dogs stand at the edge and monitor my bath time, hoping against hope that one day, I'll let them in with permission.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Isn't it harmful for them to eat the bubbles? or in my case lick the shampoo/ conditioner? haha

HeySquirt is offline Senior Member

Emmett had his first bath at 10 wks... Only cuz big brother pee'd on him.
    He did really good, I ended up just putting his head under the faucet to rinse him off and he didn't mind at all.

I can't wait for summer and the lakes!!! I've missed having a water loving dog!

hunterchrome is offline Senior Member

Hunter used to do the same thing for the longest time, starting around the same age. Every morning when I would get ready for work he would sit in the tub and wait lol. he had really bad dog dander when young too and every once an a while i would put him in the tub and give him a shampoo free bath. A good rinse would help his fur. We recently changed his food and he doesn't have the dander anymore thankfully.
    Hunter & Chrome

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Ranger heads into the tub to try and snag the bar of soap. That's why it's high up on the shower caddy.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"