Mortified....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mortified....

Retriever Mama is offline Senior Member

DefaultMortified....

So we took Remy and Brooklyn for a long walk in our neighborhood on Sunday and when we got to one of our neighbor's houses, who have 2 goldens, we were invited into their fenced in yard for an impromptu puppy romp. Of course Brooklyn and I took them up on the off since Brooklyn was literally dragging me toward the gate ... she has a minor obsession with these neighbors and there was no getting out of it. Meanwhile, hubby had pulled Remy across the street with no intention of bringing him in. We can hear Remy throwing a total tantrum - yelping, crying, barking...and our neighbor calls to hubby to bring Remy over. Reluctantly he does.

Remy does great meeting the 2 girls, one of whom is a 7 month old and they run a couple of laps up and down the yard and then Remy runs up on our neighbor's deck and runs THROUGH their screen door. Not once....which knocked it out of the frame, but was still hanging on...but TWICE with knocked it completely out of the frame and broke the actual screen door frame. This all happened in a matter of like... 3 seconds. I just wanted the ground to swallow me whole.

The owner was laughing hysterically and repeatedly told us not to worry about it...he can fix it...he had another dog who used to do this all the time...and hubby is giving me the evil eye and muttering "I told you I didn't want to bring him over!" Oh it was awful. Sooooo embarrassing.

Remy, Remy, Remy...we just can't take you anywhere!
    Melissa, Remy & Brooklyn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

HOLY SHIT Missy! LOLOLOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

At least the neighbor was laughing! It really is an easy fix (you can get a kit at Home Depot). But regardless -- sometimes our kids embarrass us!

Thanks for the laugh!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jenica is offline Senior Member

Ooops. What did he want that was in the house?

We have one family on our walk that has a Sheltie (just a little older than Diesel), and two children (around 6 years old) and are also the preferred playground for neighbourhood kids. Most of the kids are totally fascinated by dogs playing and when the family has time they ask us if we want to let our dogs into their yard so they can play together.
    So far (over a number of visits) Diesel has chased their poor cat (they forgot that their cat was sunning in the backyard when they let the dogs in and Diesel was really curious about this other furry animal), they destroyed a couple of balls, they have opened the children's toy box and they have eaten all the bread put out for birds - and all of this with at least two and often four adults watching over the dogs. These buggers are just too fast.

Garth is offline Registered Users

That's the main reason why I had to put in a new fence. The neighbours stoopid Rottie was always breaking through & getting in my dog door to play with my 2. I'd hear a noise in the lounge, go & check it out & she'd be on the couch wrestling with my GSD. Good job we all get along - humans & dogs otherwise there would have been big problems!

Sounds like you've got an understanding neighbour too.

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Yikes!!! That would of been an awkward moment !! Glad the neighbor was not upset.

lisa is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you have a cool neighbor...it really is an easy fix.

Thunders Mom is offline Senior Member

LOL...mine do that to the screen door also and they KNOW it's there! Glad your neighbor has a sense of humor and understands.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Whoopsie!!
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Remy, you have to tone down that exuberance when visiting neighbors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast