triggers for your Labs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: triggers for your Labs

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Defaulttriggers for your Labs

What normal, everyday things are funny triggers for your Labs (other than referring to food)?

I have "Don't Worry, Be Happy" as the ring tone for Bill on my cell - the whistling part is where it begins. When Bill was working, our phone calls were hit and miss, so I would always dash to grab the phone when I heard his call. First Shadow, then Buddy, learned this and would run to where the phone was and alert me to the phone ringing.

The other night, Bill and I were both in the computer room, when some show on the TV started playing the whistling part of "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Buddy jumped up out of a sound sleep and ran to the living room to let me know Daddy was calling!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

That's cute!

I guess mine have lots of triggers. The most remarkable one (maybe) is the start to Jeopardy. "This... is... JEOPARDY! And here is your host, Alex... TREBEC!!

With that, six dogs splat flat on the floor and don't move until the final category is announced and the *ding* sounds. That means it's feeding time. (Tud drilled this little routine into them, thank you very much.)

Seamus and Flynn

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

How sweet!

Emma knows when the egg clock ring it's food. We only use it for her. Put the bowl with kibble on the counter, then the cod, rice and cooked veggies from the fridge. I set it on 15-20 minutes so it won't be too cold for her. She hears the clock and is at her food place way before me .
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AZLAB is offline Senior Member

Cinnamon loves the term nappy-bye...it means it is time for an afternoon snuggle session and short nap with someone.
    Karon and Cinnamon

Felix is offline Senior Member

Well, funny .. The time is comming that people enlight fireworks again (legaly) in the netherlands, and Laika nows that, if a firerockets is lighted, the thing makes a sound like: "ffffffffffffffffffffffft" .. And then some fancy collors appears at the sky, and yes .. She realy does lookup where the 'thing' has gone!

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Haaaahhaaaa These were funny. I quit smoking back in February but when I smoked I would go out on the front deck. I always left my cigaretts and lighter on the dishwasher by the door. Just the sound of my pulling the cigarette out of the box and they came running to go out with me!! Or sometimes I would light it and then quickly go out so the sound of a bic flicking did it to.
    Also Mya loves it when I/the Ironing Board "goes after her". I keep it by the dryer....when ever I walk over to the dryer she starts growling and barking in anticipation. I am trying to get this on video!!!

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Triggers?

Puff has several --

Puff's internal clock is one and it amazes me. There are certain times we do things -- 6:30 AM, go out for a 40 min. offleash walk; 2 PM for an afternoon pee and poop; 5 PM for supper; and 10 PM for a last pee & poop.

At 2, or 5, or 10, I may be involved in something else, oblivious of time, when Puff starts licking my skin, wherever she can find it -- ear, face, or hands. I glance at my watch and see Holy Cow!, it's 5 minutes after our usual, habitual time!

In the morning if I oversleep, Puff's sure to give any exposed ear of mine a thorough tongue massage until I get up.

Also, Puff knows my putting on or changing shoes is a sure sign I'm going out and she does a happy dance asking me to take her along.

Same thing as shoes happens whenever she hears car keys.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

When Sammi was a puppy and we were potty training I would always sing to her as we were going outside " She likes to potty all the time" " potty all the the time" - I'm not sure if you remember the Eddy murphy song from years ago- " She likes to party all the time". Now everynight when its time for last pee, I say " potty all the time" and she comes to do the door. Just a couple of weeks ago I heard that song on the radio, turned it up and sure enough it didn't take long for Sammi to go to the door to go out. Now I've found the song on youtube and play it just to mess with her! Mean momma! What really has me baffled is I know I have a horrible voice and sound nothing like the song

bacsibob is offline Senior Member

I'll give you a hint: we have to say "spherical object" to avoid a 2-lab explosion to the back door. I'm even afraid to type the word "ball". For these two, retriever is right on.

Labs: The Natural Antidepressant

Felix is offline Senior Member

Not realy a trigger i gues, but it is just funny to tell

If the labrador from my sister is in the backyard with the door closed, and he wants to get in to the house, he ticks with his paw against the window in the door. And if that's no success, he's sitting on a wooden couch in front of the window, waiting for anyone to open the door, so he could get in

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast