Just Labradors banner

I really envy those of you with well behaved labs

3K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  zoesmom 
#1 ·
tried to do Christmas pics with 3 hyper labs .

finally got this

sorry for my backside lol

See less See more
#5 ·
Not bad at all! At least they all kept their hats and antlers on!

I usually have my husband sit in a chair with a bag of treats and I stand behind him to take pictures. Or in my siggy, I had him hold them by their leashes while I had treats and camera in hand. I wish I hadn't packed our antlers or I'd be entertaining you with outtakes as well!

#6 ·
I haven't been successful yet.
I got a great picture of Moka in front of the tree...but Java will not sit with her back to the tree. She will sit FACING the tree, but that doesn't do me any good.
Apparently she needs to keep an eye on the tree and watch out for sneak attacks.

#23 ·
Once they know the command "sit", and can stay for a few seconds, I haven't had "too much"' trouble with 2 dogs. I thought it might be hard with Baxter this year (5 months old), but he has a great "front", so I could get him close to the fireplace and face me, and with a digital camara i've been able to take the last few years myself, without any help from SU

#26 ·
Okay! Laura wins the prize. Maybe several of them. And even though she did not suggest or do what follows, here goes.

Take the **** antlers off those poor dogs. You expect cooperation when you dress them up like that?
Need to have them sit for treats, did you have treats? NO! What did you expect?

Do you have some version of Photoshop or similar? It is amazing how you can put the good pieces of several pics together and make a great composite. Works for humans that tend to close their eyes and dogs that turn their heads.

#29 ·
like I said in the beginning ...............I envy those of you with well behaved dogs ...................mine are slowly getting better .........even the "Crazy puppy" Daughter calls Toby the crazy puppy ...........whole family over for baking cookies and chili for supper and after the inital jumping up to say hi even he behaved himself tonight ...........might just be hope for him yet ( fingers crossed )

and I also bow down to you Laura ........yours are always so well behaved .............and they are beautiful dogs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.