Tragedy Strikes .... Gulfcoast ... Please add as you see fit
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragedy Strikes .... Gulfcoast ... Please add as you see fit

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

DefaultTragedy Strikes .... Gulfcoast ... Please add as you see fit

Most of us have had our life touched by one or more tragedies. However, I just can't imagine what this would be like. Prayers to Mike and his family. They lost all twelve of their Labs in a tragic fire Tuesday night.

Thank you to all my RTF and Refuge friends. Your words, calls, e mails and texts are appreciated. You all know that there is no way to fill the hole in my soul and that only time and God can do that. Thankfully, I had stopped taking in client dogs, over a year ago and was only training my own.

My physical condition will be fine. I have burns to my head as a result of trying to crawl in to the kennel thru the doggie doors and my lungs will heal in a few days or couple weeks. It is lucky for me today I was unable to get inside as I would surely have expired from the heat and gasses.

As I buried my real true best friends yesterday, it made me realize how precious life is. And also thinking of how they give us all they can and ask very little in return.

I tried my best to treat all my dogs with love and the respect that they deserved and those of you who know me well and see me with the dogs know that this is true.

We had our days where there were corrections and training opportunities, but at the end of the day, they were all my buds. How refreshing and what a great way to start each day, going to the kennel and seeing all of them jumping and hopping and knowing they were thinking “Me First!!! Come get me first!!!!!”

I was raised in a very religious home and my parents told me several times in bad situations to remember Romans 8:28: “All things work together for good for them that love the Lord”

As I try to recover I am hoping this is true and waiting to see the good that comes of this terrible situation. Please remember my wife and grandson also.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

In fond tearful remembrance of Rebel, Diamond, Rainbow, Molly, Comet, Sunny, Star, Rocky, Duke, Bruiser, Finn.
    MP

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Swamplily is offline Senior Member

That is just horrible and unfair. Our thoughts go out to your friend Mike and his family.
    Abby, Blk Lab, born 12-15-05
    Taco, Beagle, gotcha 1-15-09
    Ernie - Y-Farms Honest Ernesto, CGC, Blk Lab, born 10-4-09

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

How awfully sad. I'm so sorry for Mike and his family. I hope he'll recovery will be quick.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Mike is one of the good guys in the dog training business, and a friend of mine. He has judged my dog and I, and Sonya and I have judged many of the dogs that were lost in the fire. I feel like they were my dogs. Its so sad. Mike got 2d and 3d degree burns and smoke inhalation trying to get his dogs out of the fire. I cannot imagine the grief he is going through.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

Words just aren't enough! The physical injuries will heal but it will take a long, long time to begin to come to terms with the loss of your dear friends. I can't begin to imagine the depth of your pain.

labby is offline Senior Member

One of my clients lost all of her dogs in a fire once. Horrible and I can't imagine, nor do I want to. Good thoughts and prayers for your friend and his family.

Laura

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Here I sit trying to find the words ... and they're missing ... replaced by the tears streaming down my face.

~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Wow. That's absolutely horrible. Hugs and good thoughts to him and his family.

justine is offline Senior Member

Hug your dogs guys... you just never know when something like this could happen. RIP puppies... that's so sad :'(

patm is offline Senior Member

Run free doggies - how truely awful for the humans remaing behind

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast