Anyone want a cat? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want a cat?

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

I haven't seen my cat in days. He's in the tree...somewhere.

If I had a dollar for every time I offered him as free to good home...
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hunterchrome is offline Senior Member

Looks like you a cute tortie cat. I once was a proud Mom of a tortie cat who also flung her self at my christmas tree in hopes if she climbed it she could look over the fence out the window. Tolerated that until she left her mark all over the house daily for months..needless to say she found a great home down the street and is doing great there. I hope your kitty finds a good home.
    Hunter & Chrome

CdnSouthernBelle is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hunterchrome View Post
    Looks like you a cute tortie cat. I once was a proud Mom of a tortie cat who also flung her self at my christmas tree in hopes if she climbed it she could look over the fence out the window. Tolerated that until she left her mark all over the house daily for months..needless to say she found a great home down the street and is doing great there. I hope your kitty finds a good home.
    Oh no. You've comptely misinterpreted my post.

I would never give Callie up, to anyone, ever. She is my heart, as is Sadie.

Even as she was flinging herself, I was chuckling to myself. She's a cat...she's doing what cat's do. Bright lights and bulbs to attrack her attention and all.
    My two favorite girls.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CdnSouthernBelle View Post
    I'm sorry you've had a rough night and that you must make those kinds of decisions.
    Thanks for the patronizing pat on the head - I haven't had a particularly rough night .. more like a typical day in volunteer rescue land
    Somebody always has to make these decisions and compared to previous "lives" I have it pretty sweet right now. I haven't had to use my fabulous and humane euthanasia techniques on cat after cat after cat, dog , rat, rabbit, cat, cat, cat (up to 30 animals in a day) in many years. (I'm fortunate in that healthy friendly animals rarely need to be considered for euthanasia at the shelters I work most closely with (and therefore don't get called in the decision making proces for those type of animals)
    Just so you understand where I'm coming from a little more clearly and why the line "I'm gonna kill her" bothers me let me tell you about today's work (all since 4 pm actually)

1)cat is causing allergies - I can give her til Jan 4th if you pay the boarding bill - otherwise I'll kill her
    2) cat was dumped outside - I took him in but have people coming for the holidays - please take him
    3) five adoptable cats in high isk shelter die tomorrow unless you help
    4) my boyfriend hates my cat. when can you pick up the cat?

phone calls - 11 year old cat left with mom when son went to jail - can she surrender it please?
    a neighbour - cat had kittens under the deck could I come catch them please?

Then add my stop at the shelter to assess three cats in holding that the shelter can't put up for adoption. (and all the attendant BS from Joe Public)

(I think it's worth noting neither my email nor phone number is publically assiciated with any rescue)

I've been doing this (or some version of it) since 1994 ... so I know what a rough night is (hoarders, mill busts, cruelty that is unimaginable (don't ask me about the pomerian) and more

I don't find comments about killing animals funny ... period .. I rarely bother posting that but as you are new here I thought I'd point it out - most of the people who understand what those of us deep in rescue face on a daily basis consider the impact of what they say
    thanks for the apology

and thanks for adopting your beautiful pair
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

hunterchrome is offline Senior Member

I didn't think you were serious by any means. There have a been a few days I have threatened to get rid of the dogs when they drag me around the block and ignore me when I use commands but I wouldn't give them up for the world. Our cat we had to get rid of as she ruined furniture, even my expensive camera equipment. She is much happier at her new home, being the queen of the home
    Hunter & Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by hunterchrome View Post
    and now you see why I react the way I do

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

CdnSouthernBelle is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by brody View Post
    Thanks for the patronizing pat on the head - I haven't had a particularly rough night .. more like a typical day in volunteer rescue land
    Somebody always has to make these decisions and compared to previous "lives" I have it pretty sweet right now. I haven't had to use my fabulous and humane euthanasia techniques on cat after cat after cat, dog , rat, rabbit, cat, cat, cat (up to 30 animals in a day) in many years. (I'm fortunate in that healthy friendly animals rarely need to be considered for euthanasia at the shelters I work most closely with (and therefore don't get called in the decision making proces for those type of animals)
    Just so you understand where I'm coming from a little more clearly and why the line "I'm gonna kill her" bothers me let me tell you about today's work (all since 4 pm actually)

1)cat is causing allergies - I can give her til Jan 4th if you pay the boarding bill - otherwise I'll kill her
    2) cat was dumped outside - I took him in but have people coming for the holidays - please take him
    3) five adoptable cats in high isk shelter die tomorrow unless you help
    4) my boyfriend hates my cat. when can you pick up the cat?

phone calls - 11 year old cat left with mom when son went to jail - can she surrender it please?
    a neighbour - cat had kittens under the deck could I come catch them please?

Then add my stop at the shelter to assess three cats in holding that the shelter can't put up for adoption. (and all the attendant BS from Joe Public)

(I think it's worth noting neither my email nor phone number is publically assiciated with any rescue)

I've been doing this (or some version of it) since 1994 ... so I know what a rough night is (hoarders, mill busts, cruelty that is unimaginable (don't ask me about the pomerian) and more

I don't find comments about killing animals funny ... period .. I rarely bother posting that but as you are new here I thought I'd point it out - most of the people who understand what those of us deep in rescue face on a daily basis consider the impact of what they say
    thanks for the apology

and thanks for adopting your beautiful pair
    Well, I wasn't being patronizing, I was being genuine.

Rather then assume, you might want to ask. I might be a newbie to the board, but I'm not a newb. I've been a volunteer at a shelter myself, until this past summer, admitedly (sp?) not as involved as you seem to be. I've seen a few animals put down myself, fought for their lives and cried for them when I couldn't save them.

I don't mean to sound defensive or harsh, and I understand where you are coming from, but your post is extremely condesending, IMO.
    My two favorite girls.

Garth is offline Registered Users

I've started a couple of threads in the past offering/threatening to give Ronnie away when he has his barking fits about nothing. Bottom line is, there is no way in hell I'd give him away. I love the little bugger too much faults & all. I don't know how I'd live without him some days.

Sorry you have such a heart breaking job Andrea. That's gotta be tough on anyone.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

I don't think anyone is capable of forming an opinion without offending someone, somewhere, sometime. If something someone said offends you, then sure, say so. But to assume it was done without considering your specific group of people that may be offended before they post an opinion is a little excessive on an open forum. There are just too many things that we do not know about what other people may be going through. An apology should suffice without an accusation it was not genuine. The effort to make amends was there.

Garth - thanks my own permanent gang gets auctioned off on occasion too - when Brody pees on the bed is always a good time for someone to ask for a cute small dog about every other day for silly Sally and so on ...

Oh for $^&*( sake to CSB and DD though ...

CSB the lovely pm you sent me is much appreciated - and I recognize that tone on a board is difficult to say the least - I think you are being patronizing and you think I'm being condescending - honestly WHATEVER... I was actually recognizing the fact you were new on the board and may not know how deeply involved MANY of us (not just me by ANY stretch) are in rescue and why flippant comments about killing animals might cause offense. So I took the time to outline CLEARLY some of the things that drove my reaction. Obviously I won't bother wasting your time again.

DD- why do you think I assumed anything? I explained why the comment bothered me then explained in more detail when it appeared my first comment wasn't self explanatory ..and who made you my mother? I accepted the apology after the further explanation. I don't really care if people offend me - many do daily .. and my skin is good and thick now - I was actually trying to HELP someone understand why the comment might be offensive ... did I say it wasn't sincere? I thought I said the comment about having a rough night was patronizing - again WHATEVER ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast