Dear JL Neophytes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear JL Neophytes

dweck is offline Senior Member

DefaultDear JL Neophytes

Since the merry-go-round of accusation/defense/drama/umbrage/departure seems to be whirling at top speed lately, I thought I'd cite an example of someone new to the board who seems to 'get it.'

Exhibit A, for your consideration:

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/l...ew-member.html

Notice the technique: Hi, everyone. You have a cool board. Here are some pictures of my sweetie. I hope to be a member here for a long time. And out.

Follow-up posts bolster the good will: Thanks for your compliments on my dog. She is a darling and we love her to bits. The cat is a gem, too; we love how she gets along with the dog.

Ya' see?

No advice on how we can make our board better. No whining about not 'getting' all our inside jokes yet. No jealousy over post counts (oy vey -- please -- we moved out of post-count envy three boards ago). No arguments. No beg-beg-begging for advice and then kvetching about the advice that's given. No reason for us to leap to the defensive. Which, believe me, we're expert at, given history.

Just a warm hello. The sharing of pix. And it's all good.

Watch. Live. Learn.

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

Thanks Dan - I totally agree.
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Up - I think I like her!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Notice my model noob is Canadian. I wonder if eating all that whale-meat makes one more sedate.

(*squink*)

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

Boston is offline Senior Member

Where I agree with your post about that new member. Its not a great example. If she posted:

Here is my dog. Here are some pictures. I just breed her out to my neighbor's Husky and Im selling the puppies on craigslist.

Members would have ruthlessly berated her and the thread would have looked like the Irish 3 color thread on this page. Where I agree that is a great post for a new member, veteran posters still should should be held accountable for their responses just as much as newbies. JMO.

And Lab owners -- whether they frequent this forum or any other forum or no forums at all -- should be held accountable if they're going to get involved in irresponsible breeding.

kelli is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dweck View Post
    Notice my model noob is Canadian. I wonder if eating all that whale-meat makes one more sedate.

(*squink*)
    There's a flaw in your theory.. guess what it is *whistles and tries not to make eye contact*.

kelli, tucker and koda

I meant seal meat?
    Or moose meat?
    Or I misspelled squink?

Boston is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dweck View Post
    And Lab owners -- whether they frequent this forum or any other forum or no forums at all -- should be held accountable if they're going to get involved in irresponsible breeding.
    Agreed- That was a crazy example.

bett is offline Senior Member

i think i "get it".
    however, i still say, there's a way to say it , even if it's harsh, but not rude and demeaning.or being cursed at. (and i am no prude!)
    and i bet you guys know just what i mean. some of you know me, and some dont. but i hope to be around long enough to be known. (in a good way, of course)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast