Thoughts... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thoughts...

labby is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    I posted something quite similar too this and got my butt handed to me by Labby. .
    What? When?

Laura

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by likepeoplealso View Post
    Diesel Dawg,

As a newcomer who was instructed to not let the door hit me in the ass as I was leaving, I appreciate your posts. I, however, am giving up. This is the most defensive, unintrospective, unwelcoming, pack mentality, and childish group of people I have ever come across.

Somehow they can justify defending their right to say things anyway they want but hate the idea of someone new saying things they don't like. Anyone with an opposing opinion is a whiner or worse.

While I respect their knowledge and experience, it is not worth what it feels like to listen to these self-important rants and , frankly, it makes me less confident in the advice that is dispensed.

Just the fact that there are sarcastic names for newcomers says it all. I left this type of behavior back in Junior High School many many years ago and have no desire to return to it.

This is my last post and will I will now let all the Junior High girls have the last words.
    In 5 posts you've done nothing but poke sharp sticks into the existing members. Frankly - I can't imagine anyone doing what you've done IRL. You have made no positive contribution yourself, offered no advice about dogs, asked no questions about dogs, done nothing to build affiliation. You just pull up in the bus and started chucking rocks.

Who cares if you leave?
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Diesel Dawg,

As a newcomer who was instructed to not let the door hit me in the ass as I was leaving, I appreciate your posts. I, however, am giving up. This is the most defensive, unintrospective, unwelcoming, pack mentality, and childish group of people I have ever come across.

Somehow they can justify defending their right to say things anyway they want but hate the idea of someone new saying things they don't like. Anyone with an opposing opinion is a whiner or worse.

While I respect their knowledge and experience, it is not worth what it feels like to listen to these self-important rants and , frankly, it makes me less confident in the advice that is dispensed.

Just the fact that there are sarcastic names for newcomers says it all. I left this type of behavior back in Junior High School many many years ago and have no desire to return to it.

This is my last post and will I will now let all the Junior High girls have the last words.
    Okey dokey... I have no idea why you addressed this to me (because I started this thread?) but just to clarify, the bolded part of your post is the only opinion you & I have in common - but as I've already stated, they have the right to say that just as someone like myself has the right to say it's inappropriate.

I have all the confidence in the world of the advice & support from members on this board. We can have differences of opinions, call each other names, exchange barbs, etc in one thread & fully support & empathize if our "rival" has disclosed they are going through something horrible in another thread that very day. I've said it before & will say again that without JL Diesel & I would have been worse off.

You have not contributed anything to this board other than drama. I really don't care if you leave, you were never on my "team" though you seem to think you were.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dogmom is offline Senior Member

I have come to this forum for years, rarely post. Began coming here when I had my heart broken by the loss of my beloved Coal and needed to vent my grief where others might understand. Everyone was supportive, gave me a virtual shoulder to cry on. Have I had moments that I disagreed with a post, sure, had other posts that enraged me, still others that caused me to sit down and post a response, good and bad.

BUT, I don't have to agree, don't have to read and certainly don't have to respond. I am perfectly capable of opening a post or bypassing a post. People who feel they are being treated poorly have the option to defend themselves or close out the computer page and go some where else.

I do agree that at times what we post may not come across as intended. That is a drawback to not looking someone in the face while having a discussion. I have a tendency to be a peace keeper, my BFF can start a fight in a phone booth (remember them!) and my second BFF believes everyone but her is wrong about everything. Diversity is a great thing.

Oh well, as has been said many times, Put on your big girl/boy panties. We are adults (at least some of us), we don't need to all agree or like each other or even be nice. Just don't be surprised at what you get.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby View Post
    What? When?
    Oh...when I was a noob and Rider was like 3 months old and I found this place and I felt slighted and made a post like this and you said...(paraphrasing) suck it up. Hang around. Learn. So, I wouldn't call it a true butt handing...but you also "gently" told me to neuter Rider, because I too, was like some of these well meaning people thought he would be a great dog to breed...just once. Dumb. Glad I sat on my hands and paid attention and blended in with the crowd.

Thanks for that advice though. :-)
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Yelloweyz is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labby View Post
    Ahem, I know of someone.
    {{snorts and sings}} I feel like dancin, gonna dance the night away....I feel like dancin, dancin, dance the night away..Whoooooo

{shit, now my freak flag is waving}

Mom to Indy 6/12/98 to 11/16/11 (always in my heart), and Jobe 8-14-2000 to 6/24/2013 (Working TDI) English Labs, and Annie our Golden Retriever (TDI), and Kodiak (who will one day hopefully be a TDI dog if he doesn't kill me first).

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Diesel Dawg,

This is the most defensive, unintrospective, unwelcoming, pack mentality, and childish group of people I have ever come across.
    Some of us are actually pretty sessy cool. We just blend though, so we don't mess up the composite flow.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345