Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastmom View Post
    T.I.M.A. @ Bum Poop.
    You rang?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

So the question is, after all the pages, all the fuss, muss, shit throwing, the nagging, the scolding etc. etc. etc. Has anyone changed one opinion they had, have or will ever have? Is anyone going to change how they participate in threads, to dumb?'s, to newbies who get pup's with no clue and don't care to get a clue! Nope I didn't think so, and that is exactly what I love about this board!

By the way what is this "Clique" that so many new folks talk about and why didn't I get an invite

Samson is offline Senior Member

Ah yes ! The old bum poop !

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

HOLY CRAP!!

mandaz000 is offline Senior Member

No I'm sure no one's opinion or personality will be changed due to people saying what someone says in inappropriate. I think you have good intentions Roxy but when it's all said and done we are all different and will react different.

I have found a lot of helpful info on this board and my mouth has also dropped many times at some things said. I'll admit, i've seen the clique, i've also seen some very kind people who are willing to answer the same question over and over to different people. Aspen is my first puppy and i came to this board wanting to know how to do everything right and i take everyone's advice to heart. I hope one day to no longer be a newbie and be part of the JL family...shedding a few tears/jk...

Amanda

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    So the question is, after all the pages, all the fuss, muss, shit throwing, the nagging, the scolding etc. etc. etc. Has anyone changed one opinion they had, have or will ever have? Is anyone going to change how they participate in threads, to dumb?'s, to newbies who get pup's with no clue and don't care to get a clue! Nope I didn't think so, and that is exactly what I love about this board!
    That's what I love about it too, Di. Never asked anyone's opinions to change, was just looking to understand the use of the GTFO versus continuing a debate or simply agreeing to disagree.

Dani is offline Senior Member

Here's the thing. We were all noobs once. I posted something quite similar too this and got my butt handed to me by Labby. Then I realized...I don't have to like what is said here, as it's all meant to help you. It's free advice. People are telling you what THEY do from THEIR perspective....it doesn't mean that you should do what we all do with OUR dogs, because it doesn't work that way. Every dog is different. The ONE thing we agree on, is that dumb asses shouldn't breed first and then say "oops, I didn't know." Horse shit. Just hitting google and seeing the ASPCA commercials on TV will should buy everyone a clue. Seriously.

I've been through like 6 versions of this board...have seen some great dogs come and go...have seen people get lost in server migrations, and we've laughed and cried over some seriously funny stuff. I've met some really awesome people in real life from here, in fact, I consider one of them one of my closest friends. Having said that....if you don't have thick skin, this is not for the faint of heart. I go in phases, I will post a ton, and then mostly read....and so on and so forth. Jump in, accept the quirks, or don't. We'll keep on keeping on...the rest is up to you.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

BTW... the topic of discussion was a comparitive inquiry. There is no questioning how wonderful this board is, the outpouring of love & support, etc. If you think so then you need to read the OP again without judgement or assumption based on the person you think I am. This is a fabulous place & I wouldn't change it for a thing. I was simply picking apart a VERY small part that had me curious. That's it.

dweck is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelli View Post
    This isn't very clear for the newer people on this board so allow me to tell you how this works.

We bring up a hot topic (you may pick from): Breeding, religion, politics, food, crate training, e-collars and so on and so forth..
    We post our opinion, which usually follows by a differing opinion, or advice followed by no desire to take advice, depending on the topic at hand..
    We battle it out for 24 pages, usually divided into 3 groups, one side, other side, neutral because i love everyone
    Feelings get trampled, indignation is rampant, both sides declare victory
    WE MOVE ON

Pretty much fully intact at that.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Can we stop beating this poor horse now?
    You missed a step, where the injured party decides to leave and ANNOUNCES the departure, which spurs 295 additional posts ("PLEASE DON'T GO - YOU'RE THE FUNNIEST PERSON ON THE PLANET!" "DON'T LET THE DOOR HITCHYA, FREAKAZOID!"), after which the injured party leaves. For a day. And comes back. Yay.

PARP!

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

kelli is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dweck View Post
    You missed a step, where the injured party decides to leave and ANNOUNCES the departure, which spurs 295 additional posts ("PLEASE DON'T GO - YOU'RE THE FUNNIEST PERSON ON THE PLANET!" "DON'T LET THE DOOR HITCHYA, FREAKAZOID!"), after which the injured party leaves. For a day. And comes back. Yay.

PARP!
    OMG.. how could i forget that important step? I'm ashamed of myself.

moum

kelli, tucker and koda

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast