Dog Park: Almost 2 feet of snow, +8F, Windchill -8F, and us idiots are there
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Park: Almost 2 feet of snow, +8F, Windchill -8F, and us idiots are there

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog Park: Almost 2 feet of snow, +8F, Windchill -8F, and us idiots are there

Decided to give it a try. If HK should start lifting her paws like they hurt, we would come right home. Ha!

About 5 of us idiots were there. The dogs were all abnormally hyper. The primary area is about a 6 acre field and the dogs were running non-stop for about a half hour. No sign of discomfort for them. One of the dogs, another Chocolate Lab named Brewer, has this need to have whatever you have in your hand, in his mouth. That includes your gloves. Guarding our hand protection was a real challenge today. He would make high speed attacks from any direction trying to snag his prize. A fun story about a fun dog, as long as he is someone else's, a different time.

When it was time for me to leave, numb face, HK was really pretty funny. She ran to the car, vaulted in, and proceeded to lick my face as I was getting in and wouldn't stop. Was she thanking me for taking her, or thanking me for letting her in the warm car?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hunterchrome is offline Senior Member

Sounds like my adventure to the park today too. It was freezing. I find it funny that the dogs last a short time in the yard at home due to the weather, they get to the park and dont even acknowledge that its freezing.
    Hunter & Chrome

lisa is offline Senior Member

one word... Crazy!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Ed: You should have been hunting in weather like that! They are hyper because they love the cold!
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyK's Dad View Post
    When it was time for me to leave, numb face, HK was really pretty funny. She ran to the car, vaulted in, and proceeded to lick my face as I was getting in and wouldn't stop. Was she thanking me for taking her, or thanking me for letting her in the warm car?
    She was thanking Dad for letting her play out in the cold by warming up his face with hot doggie slobbers!

erika348 is offline Junior Member

I'm in VA and although it was unusually warm today, I have to say that I was the only idiot out running my lab in the pouring rain. Why oh why do we put ourselves in discomfort2........so we can get lots of wonderful lab kisses!!!!

Sedona is offline Senior Member

You are such a good dad It is really cold here in northern Alabama and we have ice on the upper deck. Sedona loves to go out and lay on it, such silliness.

Isn't it great to have a sister

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

Ha! I was one of those idiots yesterday too! There were about 4 other idiots at our dog park yesterday and it was roughly -35 c with windchill. When I got back into our car after 1 go -round on the trails, I couldn't move my lips.
    But of course Malone greeted each dog with tail a wagging!

georgie is offline Senior Member

She was licking your face for letting her have a fun day. We may not like it, but these labs sure love the snow & cold weather. Isn't there a song like that.."The things we do for love?"

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

You're a good Labradaddy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast