Keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for

See less See more
#4 ·
Veronica ... you may not believe this but it was YOU and EMMA that I was thinking of when I posted those lyrics. I still have a few tears running for her now.

#11 ·
Awww. I know how you feel. :)

I think most of us are thinking of Veronica a lot right now. I know I am.

#21 ·
Lovely Jim. Love the pics. I enjoy seeing how much you all enjoy being out together no matter what the temps are.

#22 · (Edited)
Chris ... it was 28 degrees with a 15 mph N wind blowing in our face yesterday morning at 6:50 am when shooting time started. There was ice forming on the edges of the wetlands where we hunt for the first time this season.

Carol hasn't hunted the past two days because of a bad cold. I cut my two hunts short so I don't convert my cold to pneumonia. Today's forecast is brutal ... it's 22 degrees here right now and the wind's still blowing. We'll wait until mid-morning to see if it warms up a bit before Rusty and I give it a try again. Anxious to see if and how our "Ice Eater" invention in the pond works.

Great pictures, Jim. Gawd, Rusty is getting big! :)
Cappy weighed 87.5, Remi 80.2, and Rusty was 66.3 last Tuesday at the Vet's office when we weighed all three dawgs. Rusty's actually down a pound since season started. Cappy is 26" at the shoulders, slightly on the tall side for a male Lab. Rusty is almost 29"! I think Rusty has finished his growth curve, tomorrow he'll be a year old. He may add a few pounds as he matures but not much more than that as long as he stays active throughout the year.

Gawd he LOVES to hunt and just plain RUN here at home. That once gangly and awkward running funny looking dawg now runs with grace like a deer. He's been a little slow in putting all the hunting elements together but is sure coming along quickly now ... a light went on around T-giving when he had 6 retrieves and decided that live crips weren't so bad after all ... in fact kinda fun even.

#23 ·
Jim - those are beautiful pictures of your duck dawgs! Cappy just makes my heart skip a beat. Such a handsome guy. Happy Birthday to Rusty too! I can't believe he is going to be a year old already. Take care of that cold - you do not want it to migrate into something worse. That would not be good for your duck hunting!!

#25 ·
CAP!!!

Great pix of seeing Labs do what Labs were meant to do! ... other than snore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.