I will post in the newsletter but wanted to share this warning ASAP so no one else suffers a tragic loss like this.
It is with great sadness that I share with you that my yellow Lab passed over today.
Cove's death was caused by swallowing a whole Mulligan Stew Stick which instantly became lodged in her throat. My attempts to immediately remove it failed and she suffocated within minutes.
The package feeding instructions list that you can "give them whole or break them into pieces". I contacted the company and their spokesman assured me that they would contact all distributors, issue a warning on their website, and change the feeding directions.
Please watch when you treat. I would never want this to happen to another beloved dog.
Cove was a true happy Lab, filled with sweetness and light. She is greatly missed.
Gretchen & the Labs of Seasalt
Our friend is devastated. I never heard of these treats but thought I would share it with all of you.
Thanks georgie. Reminds me of the greenie issue from a few years ago. I won't feed these kinds of treats because of the threat of choking. I'm sorry Gretchen had to go through this.
♣ Laura ♣
That is so tragic. It broke my heart to read that story. Thank you for posting, so that we are all reminded to watch what we treat. Sending my prayers for your friend and family.
I posted it because we all know about greenies but I had never heard of this treat before.
I am so sorry for your friend. My gosh, who would think that would happen.
I am so sorry for your friend, and her beloved dog. Truly tragic.