This forum is fascinating
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This forum is fascinating

likepeoplealso is offline Junior Member

DefaultThis forum is fascinating

I am certainly impressed by the knowledge and caring that the members of this forum have for labrador retrievers. The love, sensitivity, and concern for dogs is moving. Makes me wonder why they are unable to communicate with other people in a civil manner.

Perhaps, some of the members love dogs because they don't do well with people. I read the rude way in which newcomers to this forum are treated and it is sad. You can tell someone that you think they are wrong with respect. Most likely the worst offenders correct their dog's behaviors with respect and consideration.

It is also fascinating the watch the pack mentality of some members of this forum. One person attacks a newcomer and the others jump in with comments just to pile on.
    ("Well said" , "You told him") Interesting that dog lovers behave like a pack.

I belong to several other forums of people with common interests. In all of them, the members are polite, kind, and welcoming. They disagree with respect. Some of the comments on this forum do not reflect well on their writers.

Why go through life angry? Treat your fellow humans as well as you treat your dogs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

While I agree to an extent...

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

So, did you join up just to post this - or do you have another screen name here too? We've had a whole lot of that but not in a long time. Easy enough for the moderators to see via your ISP.

Do you think anyone here is going to CHANGE based on your scolding? How naive.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

[QUOTE=BigBrownDog;1523297]So, did you join up just to post this - or do you have another screen name here too? We've had a whole lot of that but not in a long time. Easy enough for the moderators to see via your ISP.[QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, Sharon. I was wondering if this is Roxybelle II or perhaps that other person that was striking up nonsense about a research paper weeks ago.

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Just an FYI for likespeoplealso.
    We treat each other the same way that we treat noobs. We argue, we scold, we're rude.

And we all support each other through trials and tribulations. You obviously haven't read quite enough.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson'n'Ted View Post
    Just an FYI for likespeoplealso.
    We treat each other the same way that we treat noobs. We argue, we scold, we're rude.

And we all support each other through trials and tribulations. You obviously haven't read quite enough.
    ^This^ x 1000!! We may argue and not always agree, sort of like family. However if one of loses a pup, a loved one, goes through a tough time in life, whatever it may be we band together like no other. If all you are seeing is the negative, you haven't' looked very far....

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by likepeoplealso View Post
    I am certainly impressed by the knowledge and caring that the members of this forum have for labrador retrievers. The love, sensitivity, and concern for dogs is moving. Makes me wonder why they are unable to communicate with other people in a civil manner.

Perhaps, some of the members love dogs because they don't do well with people. I read the rude way in which newcomers to this forum are treated and it is sad. You can tell someone that you think they are wrong with respect. Most likely the worst offenders correct their dog's behaviors with respect and consideration.

It is also fascinating the watch the pack mentality of some members of this forum. One person attacks a newcomer and the others jump in with comments just to pile on.
    ("Well said" , "You told him") Interesting that dog lovers behave like a pack.

I belong to several other forums of people with common interests. In all of them, the members are polite, kind, and welcoming. They disagree with respect. Some of the comments on this forum do not reflect well on their writers.

Why go through life angry? Treat your fellow humans as well as you treat your dogs.
    I'm sorry, I must have missed something. What did you say your previous user name was on here?

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    I'm sorry, I must have missed something. What did you say your previous user name was on here?
    Should I list my suspects here or keep them too myself

likepeoplealso is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    So, did you join up just to post this - or do you have another screen name here too? We've had a whole lot of that but not in a long time. Easy enough for the moderators to see via your ISP.

Do you think anyone here is going to CHANGE based on your scolding? How naive.
    Interesting - you would expect the moderators to violate this site's privacy policy because you disagree with what someone is saying. That is how things are done in China.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by likepeoplealso View Post
    Interesting - you would expect the moderators to violate this site's privacy policy because you disagree with what someone is saying. That is how things are done in China.
    I don't see anything in BBD's quote that implies that anybody should violate the sites policy !

Methinks you are a bit paranoid.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast