Christmas Tree Alarm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Tree Alarm

DefaultChristmas Tree Alarm

So this Christmas is Bristol's first Christmas and let's just say, hubby and I were a little scared to put up our Christmas Tree. When Bristol sees something new that "shouldn't be there" he nudges it with his nose hard enough to make it move. Just *nudge nudge nudge*. "There. That candle holder in on the floor now instead of that table where it never was before."

So Hubby rigged up a clever little alarm system when we set up the tree. He simply hung all the 'bell-type' ornaments around the bottom of the tree. We'll be out in the kitchen and all of a sudden we'll hear jingle jingle and we know that "you-know-who" is touching stuff he shouldn't be. He doesn't hide it very well though, because when we call him back out to the kitchen he'll have tree needles all over his head and back

***Disclaimer: For whatever reason, you MAY not hear the alarm sound when you are blow-drying your hair which MAY result in pup walking out of the livingroom with water all over his face and on top of his head and there MAY be puddles of water all over the tree skirt and there MAY be needles eeeeverywhere.... BUT with any luck, your tree will still be standing!

(How he got his head wedged under there to get the water is beyond me! There's barely room for us to even water the tree!)

The many faces of Bristol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

Cute! Where there is a will there is a way.

Some years ago, our late but great Shih Tzu Windosr thought that the water in the tree stand was his very own, very special water bowl. We had to block it off because then the tree skirt became his very own potty, he would drink so much water he could never quite make it to the door to go out. Took us a while to figure out where the water was coming from..............

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

Tie the tip of the tree to a hook in the ceiling to keep it from being toppled over.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BristolsMommy View Post

***Disclaimer: For whatever reason, you MAY not hear the alarm sound when you are blow-drying your hair which MAY result in pup walking out of the livingroom with water all over his face and on top of his head and there MAY be puddles of water all over the tree skirt and there MAY be needles eeeeverywhere.... BUT with any luck, your tree will still be standing!
    CUTE!!!!!
    Totally made me giggle. I actually posted a few weeks ago in o/e asking others if i should put up a tree this year and introduce it to our 7 m lab... Hmmmm.... Maybe if we DO - i will also try this alarm system!

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Too cute

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Cute.
    I love your siggie pics, especially the one of Bristol in the birdbath.

Bella

Quote Originally Posted by maloneandme View Post
    CUTE!!!!!
    Totally made me giggle. I actually posted a few weeks ago in o/e asking others if i should put up a tree this year and introduce it to our 7 m lab... Hmmmm.... Maybe if we DO - i will also try this alarm system!
    I was (and still am) prepared to baracade the tree if I have to haha. I just couldn't go without a tree at Christmas just because we added a bratty lab to the family haha.

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlab dad View Post
    Cute.
    I love your siggie pics, especially the one of Bristol in the birdbath.
    Thank you Apparently the water tastes all THAT much better if you can get all four paws up into it

Just an update... he has barely bothered with the tree!!! We corrected him everytime he did in the beginning, and so now he just leaves it be! Of course, he still tests the boundaries with a sniff here and there, but with a quick reminder, he's good to go! (So there is hope if you have a puppy and were worried about putting up a tree )

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

Lab lovers have to be creative! Love it!
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

lakersfan77 is offline Junior Member

We are lucky - our 15 week old pup has pretty much ignored the tree. He'll do one of his "run by" bites at the branches, but for the most part, he's leaving it alone...

Now, the stocking with his presents? That's a different story altogether.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast