AKC Invitational

Thread: AKC Invitational

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultAKC Invitational

Went to the AKC Invitational Friday Saturday and Sunday. Friday I went and helped set up the "Meet the breed" booth, this is the both sponsored by the Lab Parent club (LRC Inc.) and a group of us spent about 3 hours there putting it together. Every parent club is asked to do a meet the breed booth and on Saturday AKC judges all the nooths and gives out awards, This year the labs got Second place in the sport dog division. We had 2-6 labs at the booth from 10am -4 pm Sat and Sun. We met alot of people and gave out a lot of info and the labs got pictures taken and tons and tons of hugs and pets from all the people.
    Saturday I also did Dock Diving with my 8 month old puppy Wave, and we qualified for the finals in the ammature division with a jump of 12' 5". On Sunday Wave jumped 14' 10" which was good enough for 6th place. On Sunday I also got to watch the Obedience Finals for the National Obedience Championship and saw Petra Ford and her lab Tyler work well and come in 1st runner up to a Golden Retriever. Petra and tyler have won the event the two previous years. Tyler is a very tall balck field lab that always seems like he is just about to "Pop his Cork" and buzz the entire ring, or the entire showgrounds and is a blast to watch.
    Another lab of note was Scarlett owned by Elsie who tore her Quad Muscle just a week ago and had to have Kate fill in and run Scarlett at the last minute. Scarlett ran 20" agility class and Won the Class!!
    Congrats to all the wonderful labs that were at the AKC Invitational it was a Blast!!

Next year the AKC Invitational will be in Orlando, Florida.
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amber The Duck Dawg View Post
    ...On Sunday I also got to watch the Obedience Finals for the National Obedience Championship and saw Petra Ford and her lab Tyler work well and come in 1st runner up to a Golden Retriever. Petra and tyler have won the event the two previous years. Tyler is a very tall balck field lab that always seems like he is just about to "Pop his Cork" and buzz the entire ring, or the entire showgrounds and is a blast to watch...
    Aren't they something? I haven't had a chance to watch them compete (except on video)- when we are at the same trials, I'm busy at the Rally ring. But I do get to watch them train occasionally. Petra has to work real hard to keep Ty under control in the ring, especially between excercises. I don't know if you noticed or not, but there's no big "celebrations" when an excercise is finished.

Oh, Petra & Ty also tied for 2nd place at Crufts in March.