The gentle side of Ernie with my granddaughter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The gentle side of Ernie with my granddaughter.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe gentle side of Ernie with my granddaughter.

This is in 2007 when they came home the first Xmas after she was born.

Can I have your sock kid.

This is last Xmas in 2009 when she learned to feed her Bernie, pat him, touch him and love him.

He wasn't well and she kept asking..You alright Bernie. Do you want a blanket Bernie and pat him. She never left his side.
    Last edited by kassabella; 12-04-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Those pictures are so sweet, Chris. Is there anything better than labs & kids?

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Sorry being post greedy.
    When I went over during the year she so was sad because her Bernie didn't come too.
    This is when they were home last week. He never left her side.Every photo we have of her he is there.

Laying in the sun together.

I was trying to get a photo of her with Gemma and still Erns is in the background.

When she feed him she would tell him o.k. eat. He sat. Eat she would yell..Eat.Bernie eat. I would say eat and he would gobble. One day I wasn't home and they feed him. She said eat and he ate. Must have thought Mum isn't home so will listen to the kid. lol. She was so excited.
    He lets her lock him in his crate, put all her toys on him, stick stickers, or whatever all over him. A couple of hours before they left to go to the airport she started to cry and said..please Mummy and Daddy don't make me go..Just one more day. They said they had to go. She said Bernie needs me to stay and feed him...who will look after Bernie if I go. It was heart wrenching.At the airport as they went through immigration she ran back and said I love you Nie Nie..tell Bernie I love him too.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Nice. I wish Sam were so patient. She just gets up and leaves. She does wait until my nephew has climbed over her to get up and leave. At 23 #s and 31 3/4 inches tall, he's a whole lot of 9 month old. Kaitlin is slowly getting the hang of petting Sam and Charlotte just laughs and smiles at Sam.

Your granddaughter is so cute! That is heartbreaking that she cares so much about her "Bermie", that she doesn't want to leave him. I love how she changed his name.
    Last edited by Sams Mom; 12-04-2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: edited to gush over your adorable Grandaughter...

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Adorable pics.

Bella

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Who wouldnt want to hang out with Bernie? He's the bestest. I love the picture with Gems and Ernie, er Bernie. :-)

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kassabella View Post
    Sorry being post greedy.
    When I went over during the year she so was sad because her Bernie didn't come too.
    This is when they were home last week. He never left her side.Every photo we have of her he is there.

Laying in the sun together.

I was trying to get a photo of her with Gemma and still Erns is in the background.

When she feed him she would tell him o.k. eat. He sat. Eat she would yell..Eat.Bernie eat. I would say eat and he would gobble. One day I wasn't home and they feed him. She said eat and he ate. Must have thought Mum isn't home so will listen to the kid. lol. She was so excited.
    He lets her lock him in his crate, put all her toys on him, stick stickers, or whatever all over him. A couple of hours before they left to go to the airport she started to cry and said..please Mummy and Daddy don't make me go..Just one more day. They said they had to go. She said Bernie needs me to stay and feed him...who will look after Bernie if I go. It was heart wrenching.At the airport as they went through immigration she ran back and said I love you Nie Nie..tell Bernie I love him too.
    Oh Chris, airport goodbyes are the hardest, just your writing about it made me tear up remembering. I love how she calls Ernie, Bernie- they do adore each other, so very sweet. Lucky them and lucky you! (((hugs))) to you, I can imagine how much you are missing her and your grown kids! The photos are so special

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

What wonderful photos Chris!! Your granddaughter is precious!

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

Love the pictures especially the second one.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Sweet pictures. I love seeing pics of labs and kids together

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast