Ok - trust me - I know where this is wrong!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok - trust me - I know where this is wrong!

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

DefaultOk - trust me - I know where this is wrong!

SIL has partially unaltered yellow - Morgan's full brother - had one undecended testicle which they had removed - BIL said MUST KEEP other ball..and MUST breed bad bad badly bred backyard lab. (Asshat!)

However, while they know I vehemently disapprove of this, there are times I must take my two to where her boy is. The dogs do play well together....most of the time...and while I know humping is often a dominance issue, I will not take my Harley (spayed black 6yo) back again unless you all can help me out! (please note asshole SU thinks this is funny - he's gonna get it from me too!) All the yellow does is hump Harley...retrieve ball, drop ball 1/2 way back, catch Har, hump Har. CONSTANT. Harley responds by sitting down constantly, not playing, biting and growling at Dakota, and generally looking miserable. During the rare moments dumb dog is not humping, all 3 play well together..how to increase play and extinct or GREATLY diminish humping activity so they can have play time is info I'd love to have!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Don't blame the dog!!

georgie is offline Senior Member

I will check your posts for the answer. Although I know it (owner error ). I am not making light of this because that is the situation I am in with friends of ours. They have two labs, spayed female & intact male. We went on vacation with them last year. All 5 labs get along well together. But male kept humping Molly, non-stop, & like yours, all Molly would do is sit down. She looked so miserable. I tried to separate them so she would have some peace.

He didn't bother Kate, she is young, & Abby growled once when he tried & curled her lip at him. He never looked at her the rest of the week. All three of mine are spayed. Friends tried, constantly on him, but a minute later he was back at it. We see them alot & the dogs are together alot. I would love tom put a stop to it, but I would never correct someone else's dog unless they were fighting.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MWG - stupid answer, where do you see blame for the dog? Just want them to be able to play together. Good God!

Georgie - sorry you need the same info, but I do feel better that it isn't just me!

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

During the rare moments dumb dog is not humping, all 3 play well together

MWG - stupid answer, where do you see blame for the dog? Just want them to be able to play together. Good God!
    Guess I took it the wrong way.

BucksMom is offline Senior Member

I agree with MWG and yes you did say dumb dog. Dogs are dogs, its what they do. If your relative has no intensions of trying to deter his dog, then just don't take her there. I have a neutered boy, he has never humped anything, well maybe in his dreams. We have looked after two friends dogs, both small breeds and both do everything they can to hump my boy and the only reason it bugs me is because when he gets tired and wants to lay down, both of these two little ones won't leave him alone. So, what i did was fill up a spray bottle with water and squirt the little one, they don't like it and they lay off. Now when they come here i just fill the bottle and place it near my dog when he is laying down, they take one look at the bottle and leave him alone. Oh and one of these little ones is a female. I'm not sure if this would work with a lab since they tend to like water so much, but it might at least distract him enough.

The dog is dumb - that has nothing to do with his humping!

Additionally - His humping could be dominant humping - which would be the dog's fault - but I am betting - esp if you read the discription I wrote out - it is because they did not alter him.

labby is offline Senior Member

What I would do, especially if the owner doesn't step in......grab the dog and give it a firm "NO!" whenever it does it. I've been known to grab an ear, give it a little twist and say, "NO!" then ease the dog off the other and let go. If the dog starts to mount again, the correction from me starts again. It may seem like all you're doing is correcting, but the dog usually catches on.

Obviously someone hasn't shown the dog that this type of behavior isn't wanted and it's just doing what dogs do.

Laura

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

What Labby said. Or - if you are at a distance - use a garden hose.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

Someone otta neuter the BIL.

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast