Attention
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention

ScorpianAbarth is offline Senior Member

DefaultAttention

Lately I've had to work a lot and I feel a bit guilty about how little time I spend with Zack and how much he is crated.

Every day he gets at least an hour's walk off leash and a couple of hours 1 on 1 play but I still feel guilty compared to what I was able to devote to him before getting more hours at work.

I was just wondering, how much direct attention to your Labs get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

It varies. But DH & I were just talking about that this morning. Since he retired, it is different. But we were saying how with all the other labs before Kate, we both worked & some really crazy hours & they were fine. Kate is the only one who has had someone home with her more. We don't see any difference in the three. I think it is the quality of time you spend with them that counts. Sometimes work does get in the way but labs are pretty adaptable.

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

I'm curious to hear everyone's response to this too.... I often feel guilty cuz Hubby and I are both gone for 8 hrs/Monday - Friday...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sedona is offline Senior Member

I can't be of any help on this one. I had to retire young so I am with my girls 24/7. I did have dogs when I worked, but I worked at home. I would think it is the quality of time that counts.

Isn't it great to have a sister

ScorpianAbarth is offline Senior Member

Thanks for your responses. To clarify, just before Zack came home my hours got cut so I was home pretty much all the time and when my hours picked up around 4 months he went to my mum so he's always had someone at home with him most of the time and has obviously got used to that. He is out and about the house for a good 9 hours a day, but it's the change I feel guilty about

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sometimes I wish I had a little camera in the house when we are not home. From the indentations in the beds...I think they just sleep till we get home.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Don't feel guilty. Dogs sleep, on average, 18 hours a day. My husband and I both work 8 hours a day, and the 3 of them are home alone during that time. I think they just sleep it away...

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Yelloweyz is offline Senior Member

I work from home so my hounds are SPOILED. If I ever had to take a job elsewhere, I would definitely have to hire someone to let them out.

Mom to Indy 6/12/98 to 11/16/11 (always in my heart), and Jobe 8-14-2000 to 6/24/2013 (Working TDI) English Labs, and Annie our Golden Retriever (TDI), and Kodiak (who will one day hopefully be a TDI dog if he doesn't kill me first).

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

We're gone 8-9 hours a day. I'm home on vacation now and can confirm via the loud snoring I'm hearing almost constantly that mine spend most of the day sleeping They get a little time out first thing, then are out for the night once I get home with a nice long walk and then playing once we get back inside.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

I work 8-10 hours a day. Rhys is always at 'the sitter's...he's never alone'.

Ruby is home most days, between 8-6 and she sleeps. I know this because I run a streaming camera. I have a dog walker come three times a day and let her out. Sometimes she stays with her a few hours and watches tv, makes lunch etc.

When I am home during the day, she sleeps. All day.

I think as long as its routine, that its ok. Thats what they expect.

When I'm home or on the go, they're almost always with me.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast