Ortho Vet - Dallas TX area

Thread: Ortho Vet - Dallas TX area

Manteo's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultOrtho Vet - Dallas TX area

Our friend's lab(Manny's brother) has a possible ACL tear. He went to the vet today. The vet felt some drawer movement, gave him pain meds, anti inflammitories, and wants restricted activity for 2 weeks. They currently live in Rhode Island but are moving during Christmas to the Dallas area. Bad timing. If he needs surgery I doubt they will have it done before they move. Their new house is much better suited for recovery anyway. Can anyone recommend a good ortho near Allen/Dallas Texas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Far and away the best in this part of the country requires a vet referral which shouldn't present a problem for your friend ...

Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center Home Page

They've opened a surgical center in Plano since I had Cappy there back in 2005. SUPERB vets!

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Well, I'm in MA, so that doesn't help, unless they plan to try to have the surgery before they move...in that case I could recommend a couple of places.
    You can also look on American College of Veterinary Surgeons for a board certified ortho surgeon in the area.
    I would also recommend joining the Yahoo Orthodogs group. It is a forum much like this one that deals strictly with orthopedic issues in dogs. There are tons of members that have been through this (myself included), so they have alot of insight and advice and may also be able to recommend an ortho surgeon in the Dallas area that they have personal experience with.

My girl Java had bilateral ACL tears, which were both repaired with TPLO this year. She's doing very well now!!
    Good Luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Manteo's Mom is offline Senior Member

Thank you both for the info. I will check on the orthodogs website too. Just trying to get some info for them. They are a bit overwhelmed with the move and have 2 toddlers to chase around.

amore is offline Junior Member

heloo

My lab amore is 4 had a TPLO on jan 29th 2011. THE xRAYS CAME BACK GREAT ! vert said we coudl increase activity gredually. Todat after playing for 10 mins with ball in the yard he is limping , the vet said occasioal limping is normal. has anyone else experienced this? This is the second time in the last 4 weeks he has limped i am concerned if i am over exerting him any thoughts will be very helpful