How to rid the stench of puppy puke?? *yuck!*

Thread: How to rid the stench of puppy puke?? *yuck!*

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

UnhappyHow to rid the stench of puppy puke?? *yuck!*

Diesel slept in his crate last night (closed) because I'd done some rearranging & there was too much he'd get into. I woke this morning & when I opened my bedroom door omg the stench... I thought he'd pooped in his crate. There wasn't much evidence left behind because, as you all know, dogs regurgitate (yummy!) so I have no idea what or why he puked.

I know it was puke not poop because I had to get right in there to clean up the remains & it smelled more like food. Great thread, eh? Hope no one reading this is eating right now! LOL

His poops were fine today, eating normally, playing etc. Then I had to run some errands this afternoon so back in his crate he went. I left the window open to air out the place. When I came back home, either I didn't do a great job cleaning up before or he puked again because the stench was fresh & another stain of remains in his crate... WTF?!?!

He seems totally fine, but he's puking for some reason. So I've cleared my schedule for tomorrow, not running any errands, I want to stay with him the next 24hours to see if he woofs his cookies again & if so what he's woofing. But the smell, omg the smell is enough to make me woof mine!! Airing out the place isn't doing much plus it is now freezing in here... I've tried lighting matches, burning incense & omg it still smells like puppy puke in here!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Can't help you there, Saba only vomited once and he was very considerate and went into a corner by the front door, on my laminate, so it was quite easy to clean up, and it didn't smell much. Can't think of anything but airing it out. Brrrr..... good luck.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I clean up with vinegar..... I keep some white vinegar in a spray bottle and use it for cleaning up messes of all kinds, and I put vinegar in my washer when I wash the bedding as well.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Try Nature's Miracle -- I use that for everything. It seems to take out stains as well as the odour. Weird .. but Aila threw up this morning as well ... jumped off the bed and threw up on the bedroom floor.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Ya, couldn't shake the smell. I thought it was genius of me to move his crate out of its space (snug between the wall & a heavy bookcase) & discovered a few blown chunks to dispose of. I figured that was what was maintaining the stench & now it is all gone we'd be stink free. Nope. While Diesel seemed to be enjoying his new nickname, Pukey Pukerson, the smell was just too much. Been a few months since he got a bath & man o man, once it was all done... over an hour later... the house was back to its normal smell.

So what I've learned from this.... When in doubt clean the source!!!

BTW, hope Aila is feeling better