Tooth

Thread: Tooth

Meg1230 is offline Senior Member

DefaultTooth

I think there is something wrong with Bailey's tooth. This morning she started kind of itching one side of her mouth with her tongue...it seemed like she had something stuck in her mouth. It's hard to explain what she was doing but I could tell one side on her mouth was bothering her. So I opened her mouth to see if maybe something was stuck.

I didn't see anything stuck, but there is a bright red area near her one tooth, it's not on the other side. Her tooth doesn't look cracked, just red around the tooth. She doesn't seem that phased by it, but moves her tongue around her mouth bc it is bothering her. She is still eating, playing, and everything.

The vet is closed now for the weekend, so I wouldn't be able to call until Monday. Is there anything I can do to make her tooth feel better until I can call the vet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

How big, weight? You can give her an aspirin for pain if she is having any. About one aspirin per 50 lbs, twice a day is what I remember.

I don't know if something like ambesol can be used for dogs.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Meg1230 is offline Senior Member

She is 57 pounds. She doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain, it's more irritating and is just moving her tongue around her mouth. The noise she makes when moving her tongue around is an annoying sound. I think I might be bothered more than she seems in pain. I was wondering if orajel or any other tooth cream can be used on dogs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Hmm.. She could have something stuck in her gums next to her tooth (piece of food, sliver of wood, etc)... Kind of like when you eat popcorn and a piece of the kernel is stuck in there. Either that or there is something funky going on with the root and maybe it's starting to abscess. I would definitely get her to the vet Monday to get it checked out. They may want to sedate her and get an Xray of that tooth.

Good luck... Teeth problems suck, Abbey's had 3 teeth pulled.