the amazing KIT!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the amazing KIT!

Defaultthe amazing KIT!

I know we all love our dogs and that we all think that we just have the greatest pups in the world, right?? Well, I am of that diluted mind set too. They tell me that sometimes you just come across an extraordinary dog, one that will never be matched or forgotten. I was lucky enough to get that ONE on my first try.
    I signed up for the Seeing Eye Puppy Raising Program just as anyone else, expecting to get a cute puppy and be able to help another person with my efforts. But, from the moment I set my eyes on her I knew that this was someone special. She had this glow about her, as if an angel was sitting before me . . . a guardian angel whom I expected would eventually grace someone else's life by being THEIR assistance dog. The week of Kit's scheduled departure I was in a cancer center in New York, plagued by a mystery disease which, at the time, they thought may be cancer. I was allowed a couple of extra weeks with my girl so that I could get home to say goodbye.
    A couple of months later I was in another hospital, much more ill than before, and still crying over pictures of my precious girl. I returned home the day after Valentine's day and as soon as we walked through the door we got the call that Kit had flunked (for liking to play too much) and the next day we brought her home. I realized that Kit was not meant to be with anyone else . . . she was meant for me! This amazing, beautiful dog . . . I could not believe that I was so lucky to have God think ME worthy enough to look after this precious angel.
    As I have gotten more and more ill, Kit has been here by my side. To call her my dog, my daughter, my friend, or even my angel is an understatement. She is MY PIECE OF HEAVEN. All I have to do is think of her to feel better. She is not perfect, but she is perfect for me.
    Lately my parents have been able to gage how my day is going by how Kit is acting. I seize and pass out for about 10-12 hours a day these days, and sometimes longer. The worse I am feeling, the more serious Kit is. She stakes out my room, and even comes in to check on me when the door is open. She nudges me, lays next to me to keep me warm, and licks me trying to wake me up. She is certified as my official service dog and learns everything I try to teach her in order to help me. She is now learning to pull my wheelchair and her favorite trick is opening doors!!
    She's a great dog . . . there'll never be another on this earth like her. Thanks for reading, and go hug your pups!!! Kit is 6 1/2 today!!!
    Last edited by Kit-Kate and Fancy; 11-17-2010 at 10:56 AM.
    In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Kit (6), Fancy (5), Bella (1.5, goldendoodle)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

[IMG][/IMG]
    Kit as a baby
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Kit at puppy class

Kit after coming home
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Kit's 6th birthday
    In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Kit (6), Fancy (5), Bella (1.5, goldendoodle)

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

She is sooo beautiful!!!!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Kit is a beautiful dog. I am sorry for your struggles and you will be in my prayers. I do believe, as you do, that Kit was meant to be with you.

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

She is certainly a special pup.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

You are so right in recognizing Kit as a gift from God sent to you to help you through the difficult days.

Swamplily is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad that you and Kit are together. Hugs to you both.
    Abby, Blk Lab, born 12-15-05
    Taco, Beagle, gotcha 1-15-09
    Ernie - Y-Farms Honest Ernesto, CGC, Blk Lab, born 10-4-09

LisaB is offline Senior Member

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Your dog is beautiful, and I'm so glad you found each other!

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

Kit is gorgeous - I especially like the one with her birthday hat on. She looks almost as amused as when I put a birthday hat on my 13-year old!

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Thank you for sharing your story! I am so sorry you are struggling with this illness. Did they eventually diagnose you?

You and Kit were meant to be together.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast