Irresponsible Owners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irresponsible Owners

ScorpianAbarth is offline Senior Member

DefaultIrresponsible Owners

I was walking Zack in the park earlier (off leash) when another black lab came running over...I thought it was a friend of his, Jazz, so didn't think anything of it at first. That was until a woman appeared shouting her dog back and when she finally got up close, she started looking at Zack's bits (what the hell) and questioning me as to how old he was as her bitch was about to come into season...

Since when has it been my responsibility to her dog?? Oddly enough, it's not the first time this week something like that has happened. The other day a woman shouted at me for having Zack off leash because HER dog was in season*...I gave her a lecture about how her bitch shouldn't be in a park etc etc but it was just ridiculous

(*Obviously I put Z back on his lead once she said that, but FFS)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Good for telling her!!

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

UGH!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lisa is offline Senior Member

Some people just aren't that smart!

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

Some people are VERY stupid.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Some people should not be allowed to have animals - or children, if they're that damn stupid!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Tanya is offline Senior Member

as in - the DOG park? where dogs are offleash? what is it with people bringin dogs in heat to the freaken dog park! I have run into a few of those and of course 90% of the males just follow the poor thing around.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Females in heat are not allowed in the DPs here. We have run into the same situation and we inform the owner of the bitch. If the dog is not removed by the owner, two or three of us will leash the dog and take it to the gating area. Usually getting yelled at all the way.

I know I would not want anyone else leashing my dog, and I understand the owner getting upset. But not as upset if one of the males had its way and there were puppies to take care of.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I love it when the people with the offending dog have a mouthful of crap and nonsense to give you. I remember walking 3 of my dogs, and 2 were off leash, and one of the neighbors was walking their ill-mannered weim (viciously barking while on lead) while trying to keep an eye on 2 children probably not more than 3 years old. We both surprised each other around a blind corner or else my dogs WOULD have been leashed up. But he proceeds to give me a piece of his very small mind about how irresponsible I am to walk so many dogs off leash all the while my 3 have been sitting quietly at sit-stay at my side, and he's trying to wrangle his kids and keep his dog from going ballastic. My only comment to him was "my dogs are sitting calmly waiting for you to get out of the way with your untrained dog, so instead of bitching why don't you get on your way?"

ScorpianAbarth is offline Senior Member

It's ridiculous...the friend I was with actually made me leave in the end as I was on a roll!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast