Update on friend's Lab/Care Credit?

Thread: Update on friend's Lab/Care Credit?

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultUpdate on friend's Lab/Care Credit?

Hey all,

Remember a week or so ago I was telling you about my friend's Lab who was discovered to have a cancerous tumor in her mouth?

My friend was very appreciative of all the advice you gave and the websites you pointed her to.

Today Raven had an appointment with a local oncologist and surgeon, and the news was positive: The cancer has apparently not spread, so she is a candidate for surgery to remove the front portion of her lower jaw.

I was really glad I had given my friend the heads-up about this, so it didn't completely blindside her, because they wanted to keep Raven and perform the surgery tomorrow.

My friend is still reeling from this news, but was glad she had been prepped.

Anyway, we were talking all about it and she mentioned expenses (she is also saving for her wedding), and I told her about CareCredit. Or what little I really know about it, which is basically just having heard it mentioned here many times.

I looked at the website and it looks like it is no interest. Do most vets accept it? I'm thinking if anyplace would, it would be this place.

Can she sign up for it now and use it on Raven's surgery tomorrow?

Anyone have any feedback after having used it?

TIA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Great news Connie!

As far as Care Credit be sure she knows it's only no interest as long as she makes all the payments - they charge horrendous interest if you're late at all or miss even one payment. Just be sure she knows that! I'm not positive on the turn around time. I had one owner sign up one day and pay for surgery two days later using it. The Care Credit people were really helpful when he called to sign up - but definitely have her check with the clinic first to be sure they accept it. (seems like around here most places do accept it)

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

brody is offline Senior Member

approval is quick and they understand people who are applying are under a crunch - they are pretty good to work with

I have yet to find a vet up here who won't accept it
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the replies! I'm passing your thoughts along to her.

She is such a very sweet person, and I am so upset that this is happening to her and Raven. Trying to be as helpful as I can, and I thank you all for helping me be helpful!