First Snow

Thread: First Snow

D Bros. is offline Senior Member

DefaultFirst Snow

For Diesel, anyway. Here in the wilds of northwest IA, we're getting our first snowfall. Now this is old hat for Deacon. Nothing new, but he still greets the first snow with all the enthusiasm of a pup. As for the little guy...

I'm up early this morning. I saw that it was still snowing, with a couple inches on the ground. "Oh, boy..." thinks I, "Diesel's first snow!" I wait 'til the sun's up and there's some light. Let the little guy out of his crate, and give some lovin' and rubs. I ask if he wants to go outside, and get the usual response..."Yeah, Dad...that would be great!" So out we go! Here I am in my hunting boots, lounging sweats, jacket, cap, and gloves...with the check lead in one hand and the camera in the other.

He goes out the door and across the cement and hits the snow. He slides and almost dumps himself. What's this?! It's cold...and slippery...oh, boy! And off he goes! Running, jumping, sliding around and just generally having himself a grand old time! I'm talking to him and laughing at his antics, snapping pics all the while. After we had marked up the yard pretty good, I brought him back in and let the old guy out to frolic and melt some holes in the snow. Then brought him in as well, 'cause now it's time for breakfast. We've got our routines, you know. I was asking the boys if they had fun playing in the white stuff, and Deke got so excited he knocked over his food bowl, scattering kibble all over the floor. I just laughed and got out the broom. Diesel of course helped by vacuuming up some as well.

It was great! I'll take them out again later and throw some training bumpers for them. And, I'll try to get some of the pics up later today for your enjoyment.
    Last edited by D Bros.; 11-13-2010 at 10:16 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Great post! Sounds like so much fun.

My condolences on the snow. It's gonna be in the 60's in NJ today! In November!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

First snows and first swims... always memorable.

Seamus and Flynn