Diesel Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Update

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultDiesel Update

Afternoon everyone! Thanks for all the good thoughts, but not much has changed other than the cough/gag thing finally went away.

So last night I thought instead of doting on him I will just do dishes, etc to keep myself busy & see if that will settle him down by my feet as it usually does. It did. But then anytime I moved, I am talking pivot, he pivoted too. Unusual for him, as long as I am not out of the room more than 10 minutes, he stays where he is.

Also unusual... remember my sucky post? The one I wondered when he'd get all cuddly with me? Last night was unbelievable. After the dishes, I laid on the couch, he laid on my feet for FOUR HOURS. He shifted a few times even full turn arounds but not once did he jump off the couch. Anytime I moved he had a worried look.

After 4 hours of getting a kink in my neck from being slumped on the couch, I told him it was time for bed, let's go to mommy's room. He jumped on the bed as normal, usually he leaves the bed within 15 minutes, last night he stayed for another 4 hours snuggled up to me as close as he could get.

Sweet? Yes. Loved every minute of it? Yes. Made me worry more? Absolutely.

Called the vet this morning, did the usual run down... yes, he is eating, drinking, playing, poops are normal, doesn't seem to be in distress just acting odd. Vet said I could bring him in but thought it would be a waste of a checkup fee.

So the coughing thing stopped. He's still acting odd & barking/whining at me. Man, I wish I could speak dog! I have no idea what he is trying to tell me & sometimes he gets this really frustrated/distressed look on his face like "Come on, Mom! I'm trying to say..."

All I can do is watch him to see if anything changes. I am really glad the cough/gag thing stopped. Curious to see how he is tonight with the super cuddly thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Poor Diesel, it does sound like something is up with him. Maybe he ate something?? Good thoughts.

I hope not! I wonder if it is him adjusting to getting the old snip snip?? I agree with the vet the things most to be concerned with seem to be normal. But I'll be watching him very closely over the next 24 hours, if it hasn't changed, the check up fee will be justified as far as I am concerned.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

Awwww, you finally got Mr Cuddler to come out. Haha. I hope that things get back to 'normal' soon for you both...

georgie is offline Senior Member

I hope Diesel is just settling in after his surgery. Please keep us posted.

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Awww... Diesel just needed his momma. Saba gets sucky sometimes too. Not often but it's cute when he does

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

Have you got an update on Diesel today ? Hoping everything is ok

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

How old is he? Never mind I just saw your ticker.

I wonder if he is going through the second fear imprint stage and has been spooked by something.
    Last edited by kaisdad; 11-11-2010 at 12:28 PM.

ScorpianAbarth is offline Senior Member

Zack has been doing the same the past few days and I've been keeping a close eye on him. I woke up at 5:14am to my baby being sick (a huge lump of something...potentially a firework cardboard bit thrown over from our new - arsehole - neighbours :@), he's not been eating his food but will eat meat I break up for him. Today's dinner will be a chicken breast, so will see how we go! It's awful worrying - hope Diesel is better today!

Quote Originally Posted by kaisdad View Post
    I wonder if he is going through the second fear imprint stage and has been spooked by something.
    Funny you should say that... He got spooked twice by me going over his head - part of our regular routine of me just hanging up his leash after a walk while he is still sitting by the door, or me putting the keys in the door while he is waiting right beside me. He practically jumped out of his skin & ducked his head & low, fast tail wags. Nothing else that I am aware of spooked him. So fear stage would possibly explain the extra cuddles which were pretty much the same last night as the night before. Just not sure what to make of the constant movement while he's trying to rest on the floor or always barking at me like he's trying to tell me something.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in your dog after being fixed? It's been 3 weeks since his neuter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast