Why a Lab?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why a Lab?

Lab Hater is offline Junior Member

ExclamationWhy a Lab?

Hello, I am new to this as well...

I don't want to offend anyone, but I just don't get it. How do all of you love Labs so much? I feel as if they are kind of mundane and ordinary.

I love Pit Bulls and Chihuahuas because I feel like they have much more personality and Chihuahuas are fun to show.

I don't know... if you have any good reason's why I should maybe reconsider Labs let me know... because right now I feel like owning a Lab is like owning a plant - boring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hunterchrome is offline Senior Member

Labs are loving, loyal, great family dogs, full of energy and a great part of the family. If you are a lab hater then why come on a lab forum where everyone loves labs. If you hate labs than perhaps you should find a forum for Pit bulls or chihauahas.
    Hunter & Chrome

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Considering your Username & that you need to be "convinced" to own a Lab as you feel it is like owning a plant (!)...

I refuse to divulge to you why Labs are so fucking fabulous as I don't want you to own one. How dare you come onto a board all about Labs & use a name like Lab Hater & dare ask us to convince you why you should get one.

Bugger off. Seriously.

Update: I really don't think you should own any breed for that matter. Having such a volatile attitude towards one breed in particular is not the make up of someone that truly loves animals.
    Last edited by Diesel_Dawg; 11-08-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I guess the only reason I am on this forum is to see what you people think about Labs that is so great... I like learning so this seems like a great place to start... I mean yes, I can see that Labs may be loving, but how is that different than any other dog?? Why did you choose a Lab over a loving Great Dane, perhaps?

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Hater View Post
    I guess the only reason I am on this forum is to see what you people think about Labs that is so great... I like learning so this seems like a great place to start... I mean yes, I can see that Labs may be loving, but how is that different than any other dog?? Why did you choose a Lab over a loving Great Dane, perhaps?
    Your approach is all wrong. LAB HATER is not a way to gain information from LAB LOVERS. I am serious, please don't get a dog. You don't seem to have the level of maturity or compassion to own one. Sorry, but your OP truly set me off.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

If you really just wanted to know the breed you could of read all the thousands of posts and you would see whats so special. You're here to start trouble so why don't you just " FOCUS"

hark67 is offline Senior Member

LOL!! That is one of the funniest posts I have ever read!! Labs are like owning a plant!!! LOL!!! I will never look at Guthrie the same again!

No offense taken. I am actually glad you don't want a lab because you are obviously a very superficial person who has not business owning one of these amazing dogs...and for that matter any other breed of dog.

I'd recommend you get a stuffed animal!

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

Wow..... what a moron. He has obviously never met any of our pups or he would never dare call the breed "boring". I agree, don't get a dog, get yourself an ant farm or something.
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)

I just want to take the time to thank all of you for responding to my post.

It may seem cruel and completely offensive to post something like this on a forum focused around Lab Lovers, but what you need to know is that I am actually a Lab Lover - I own 2 labs of my own.

I am a graduate student doing a consumer profile on Labradors. Let me take a minute to explain why I chose this route:

Any person can go to Google and search Labrador. However, they are going to find thousands upon thousands of the same thing:
    Lab's are loyal, loving, funny, full of character dogs that make a tremendous family pet. I have already done this kind of research.

What people OUTSIDE of the Lab family don't get to see is this. The emotional connection Lab owners and families have with their dogs. They are more than dogs. They are our family.

I did the same thing on a pit bull forum as well as a Chihuahua forum.. and let me tell you... I have not received one defensive response. In the past hour, I have received several angry responses. Which only backs up my focus of my research anyways.

I know this may seem wrong and cruel and I deeply apologize to anyone I offended. However, I would appreciate it if you looked at it from this point of view:

One day someone is really going to be hating on Labs. And all we can do is tell them to Google the breed and research for themselves. Or even voice our opinions of how wonderful the breed really is. But no one has emotional proof of how wonderful the breed is and what Lab's really mean to people. That is what I am trying to accomplish here.

Like I said, I own 2 Labs of my own. Ayla and Tessie. They are my world
    This past September (21st to be exact... the day after my birthday) I put my beloved Sadie girl to rest. She was 14 years old. I have never felt pain to that degree in my entire life.

That is what inspired me to do this research. Labs are more than just dogs. Or pets. They are family. They are best friends. They sometimes are all we have.

Yes, this is the ugly side of my research and I, again, apologize. But at the same time I want to thank you for participating and defending the Lab.

This is just PROOF... and no one ever wants to go this far to get it. I felt the need to. I need to paint a CLEAR picture of the emotional connection Lab owners have with their Labs.

Thanks, again.

nicole is offline Senior Member

Stick with your chihuahuas, someone needs to love them and it sure as hell won't be me. I don't mind pit bulls, but I find most of their owners are overcompensating for something.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast