Parker Has To Go
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parker Has To Go

mombear is offline Senior Member

DefaultParker Has To Go

Well the worst has happened. They are not going to renew our homeowners unless we get rid of Parker. My heart is broken. Parker is basically a good dog, just needs some training. He is NOT VICIOUS. He is rambunctious and playful. So here's a stupid queistion. Is there anyone here on this board who would like to have Parker. He is only three years old, is in good health, has had all his shots. If no one here would like him can I have any idea on who might? I don't want him PTS so please any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Mombear

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Did you call around to any other insurance companies? That's my number one suggestion. I'm still not sure how your homeowner's insurance found out about Parker's most recent bite?

Second, I think you are STILL not doing right by this dog by now just turfing him to someone else. You need to take responsibility for him because it was YOU who got him to this point: a dog with a known bite record and essentially no home. Right now, you've failed him. Who do you think is going to take that dog? It's time to pony up, send the dog to training, professional training somewhere off your property, to deal with this problem. You keep saying you're going to do something - and now your solution is to give him away? Get him to a point where he's in a give away-able state at least.

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

This is just terrible. My heart is breaking for Parker.

Did you call around to other insurance companies? What about keeping him muzzled? Maybe you should talk to an attorney. I just find it hard to believe there's no other solution!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

There's no way in hell I'd give my dogs up for ANYONE. I'd rather live on the streets with them than get rid of them but that's just me.

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

i agree with the others. have you applied for insurance elsewhere and not mentioned the bite incident? if not; why?

you have let this dog down...if you put him to sleep without exhausting every other resource first; you don't need to EVER have another dog. sorry; but you've had a LONG time to resolve this issue.

if he is truely an aggressive dog; then yes, it's probably best to let him go to the bridge, but from what you have posted...I don't see that being the case.

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

I agree that you should shop around for home insurance -- there are so many insurance companies out there, there must be one that won't ask if you have a dog. In fact, you are the first person I have ever heard of that has home insurance where having a dog matters. If in fact, you say that there are no other options, you may want to to try calling Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah. They have a huge facility - google them and look at their website. They took in over 20 of the Michael Vick fighting dogs and rehabed all of them and re-homed most of them. Once they take in a dog, they keep that dog for life unless they can re-home them, which is their goal. But if they can't, that dog has a home for life. They take last resort cases -- it's may be far-fetched idea, but it sounds like you have dog that just needs some time, effort and consistency put into him. This place can do that and if you explain that you will be putting the dog down and you have no other option, they may take him. Please look them up and see what you need to do to get him there.

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I agree with the others who have posted. Call other insurance agencies. If you are not will to investigate that...do not own another dog. It sounds like Parker is a good dog..wish I could take him. I have had some success with similar dogs, if what you are saying is truthful. But really, it sounds like you HAVE MORE OPTIONS! Do the work and use the phone!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

This is beyond belief. Another episode of your drama looking for sympathy after taking NONE OF THE GOOD ADVICE PEOPLE CARED ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU.

You act like a troll. I pity your dog.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

ScorpianAbarth is offline Senior Member

Excuse the language, but I'm absolutely fucking gutted. Everything Sharon said.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

How old is this poor dog? Anyone know? I am appalled at the way you come looking for advice, do not take it, then when YOU make matters worse for your poor dog, you come crawling back for more advice what you will no doubt not even take. While I think you should take responsibility and try to rehabillitate your dog YOURSELF I fear that you will not & all that will do is prolong the issue. The longer this dog goes without the proper help the worse off he will be. Do this poor dog a favour & send him to a rehab center that has the resources he needs to help him. As for you... please do not ever get another animal, dog or otherwise.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast