Natural Balance Duck and Potato - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Natural Balance Duck and Potato

honeys dad is offline Senior Member

This was the reply i received..pretty generic
    and since we dont have any older food to mix in its basically useless

Thank you for contacting Natural Balance. Please know that there has been a recent change in the formula as of September 2010. Duck meal has been added back into this formula. Due to our e-mailing server being down for two weeks in the beginning of October, our Club NB announcement of this change was unable to be sent to our customers. However, please know that this change is notified on the website and on the packaging of the products containing Duck Meal.
    Please know that this change can certainly cause some loose stool and flatulence. Because of this, we recommend a gradual introduction by replacing the current food with increasing portions of the new L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Potato & Duck containing Duck Meal. This change should be over a 5-7 day weaning period. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Heather Acuff, B.S.
    Animal Nutrition
    Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc.
    [email protected]
    (800) 829-4493

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by honeys dad View Post
    ...Due to our e-mailing server being down for two weeks in the beginning of October, our Club NB announcement of this change was unable to be sent to our customers...
    Well, that explains why I can't find the email! LOL I knew the change was coming when I bought a bag of D&P treats in July and noticed the bag looked different. The girl where I buy my dog food told me there had been a change, and the food was changing, too.

kelli is offline Senior Member

FYI: I battled skin/ear problem with Tucker for years.. he's been on Blue Buffalo Holistic and we've never had a problem since.. he's been on it for about 5 years now, i think... koda's on it because tucker is and she's fine.. though i don't think she has allergies.. i'm just lazy and don't have the cupboard space for a different food storage bin =)

kelli, tucker and koda

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bigbrownsmom is offline Senior Member

Well, we've switched. I hate having to change food The whole food change/transition thing is not one of my favorite things to do.

2labcrew- Your welcome, glad to help. But I really didn't think this post would generate this much conversation?!

2labcrew is offline Senior Member

Well I'm glad it did generate so much...my boys have REALLY been suffering...and for longer than Sept...many comments I read on the internet have issues going back to april, we started in the summer with REALLY bad flare-ups.

I hate to change the food thing too, but they are down there right bnow with their first portion transition of Pinnacle...fingers crossed!

Good luck with your change too!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrownsmom View Post
    Well, we've switched. I hate having to change food The whole food change/transition thing is not one of my favorite things to do.

2labcrew- Your welcome, glad to help. But I really didn't think this post would generate this much conversation?!
    Miriam , Digger, and Kodi

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2labcrew View Post
    ...my boys have REALLY been suffering...and for longer than Sept...many comments I read on the internet have issues going back to april, we started in the summer with REALLY bad flare-ups...
    The treats changed in July, and the girl where I buy food said she thought the food was changing soon, too. I'm thinking the food changed before September. I've been lucky, Caleb hasn't had any issues with the change.

Since Caleb isn't affected do you want my 3 bags of treats? They are the larger sized cookie in D&P. I bought a case in June and have 3 bags and 2/3 of my cookie jar left. I understand if you don't want the open ones (although you are welcome to them), but if you would like the bags I will send them to you. LMK
    Quote Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
    The treats changed in July, and the girl where I buy food said she thought the food was changing soon, too. I'm thinking the food changed before September. I've been lucky, Caleb hasn't had any issues with the change.

For those looking to switch foods, NB D&P has 427 cals/1 cup. It is not anywhere on the bag or their site (I ma nto the best reseracher in the world, though)...googled, found another forum with same question...person had emailed NB to find out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345