Angus and Simon say hello
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angus and Simon say hello

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultAngus and Simon say hello

Well, I am sorry that I haven't been here in a while, and sorry that the reason I am here today was to find out about Wes. :*(

I just wanted to say that I am so touched by the outpouring of support and love for Dan from this board in his time of need. You all are really a special group of people.

Angus and Simon have been doing well for the past few months. No more fighting, thank goodness, since the spring.

We trained through the summer this year, and I think that helped. We've also tried a couple of new things. I think I posted about their anxiety wraps. I really like those! They wore them nightly for the first week, and now I just put them on once or twice a week. Angus seems to especially love it. You should see him just sort of melt into it. I would highly recommend them for someone whose dog has thunderstorm anxiety.

Speaking of which! Simon does also have a fear of thunderstorms. We didn't have any rain at all for months in the late summer/fall, but last week we had a huge storm with lots of thunder and lightning. Simon started his usual routine of trying to crawl down my throat and Kevin said, "Why don't you put his wrap on?" Duh...

I put it on. Simon settled down and lay at my feet. Suddenly, a HUGE thunderclap. Definitely the kind of thing that would have him on top of my head usually. Simon didn't even blink.

Truly, it is a great product.

I also decided to try flower essences with them. It's been a little harder to gauge improvement with these, but I can say that I think they helped me. Oh yes, the whole family went on flower essences. I think they are helping Kevin, too. Our dogsitter seems to think that the boys have been happier and better behaved since we started them.

If you're interested:

Dr Bach's system of 38 flower remedies

We had an interesting experience a couple of weeks ago. Kevin came home from walking the boys and brought them in through the garage, as always, to discover a CAT in the garage under his car! OMG! He said they did very well - he came in praising them to High Heaven.

This is just the kind of thing I'm always telling him COULD happen and why they ALWAYS need to be on a leash, even if they're just getting out of the car in the garage. Proves that you just never know.

Angus had his annual exam last Saturday and that went very well. Doc says he looks great. He enjoyed Angus' performance of his favorite new trick: a 360 degree rotation standing on his hind legs. Angus LOVES doing this.

He has also learned to back up our stairs. I knew he could do several stairs in a row, so last night I decided to see if he could do the whole flight of 14 or so. Not a problem. Well, the problem is getting him to slooooow down - I'm afraid he's going to trip himself! But if I just kept repeating, "Back up, slow..." he did very well.

They are both relaxing now. I think I'll let them wear their "wetsuits" (nickname for anxiety wraps) for a while.

Good to see all of you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

*waves* hi...i'm glad that is working for you girl!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Wow, great news! It's good to hear from you, Connie. Have any pictures of the boys to share?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Nathan, in a couple of weeks I am going to have some great ones to share! We had a family photo session last Friday at Ellington Ag Center, one of our favorite places to walk. I got a great deal on a photographer with a Groupon. She met us there and took pictures for about an hour. I saw some of them on the camera, and I think they're going to be awesome! I'm very excited.

Wow, it's been so long! I'm so happy the boys are behaving better ,a nd life is a bit more enjoyable for y'all!!
    Thanks for the wonderful update, keep up the great work,and kudos for not just throwing in the towel!

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Glad to hear you and the boys are doing well, looking forward to the pictures!

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Connie, have you ever had the boys wear the anxiety wraps outside of the house? neither of mine care about thunderstorms, but Jefferson goes nuts in the car. He whines, paces, drools, etc. Nothing seems to settle him down.
    And I'm wondering if it would help Teddy when people come over. He gets sooooo wound up.
    Thoughts?
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

I was thinking of you the other day & was wondering when you'd come back! Glad to see you here & happy to hear the boys are doing well

patm is offline Senior Member

Hi - good to hear from you and the boys again - so glad that things are going better. In case you missed it, check out my posts and meet our new family member- Baxter.

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

Wow, good news all around!

Those wraps sound incredible. Is it the "Anxiety Wrap" brand that is $35.99?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast