They really are sweet and sensible...

Thread: They really are sweet and sensible...

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

DefaultThey really are sweet and sensible...

This weekīs story is not about my pups but about Sam, a friendīs lab who comes with us mountain biking. Heīs a handsome good dog, and this weekend he really surprised me three times.

Of course he is my favorite dog after my own pups... Last sunday there was a young 6month old stray puppy where we park before riding our bikes. Mr. Goof immediately started whinning at her and shaking his big tail, but the little lady was shy, so he gave her space. You could see him "telling her" "Hi I am sweet and friendly"... so when we started our ride she came with Sam and they both became good friends (though she was still quite aloof with us).

At some point a group of stray dogs came barking at us and Mr. Goof was so good that he actually waited for the poor scared pup (she froze when she saw the aggressors) and convinced her to move along. When we finished our ride a friend picked us up in his pickup truck. Again it was Sam who convinced her to let us carry her on the pickup and not leave her behind... By the end of the day the pup and I also became good friends, so of course I felt horrible leaving her behind... (I CANīT pick a dog everytime I meet a friendly one... poor dogs, but they are fed at the site where we park).

Samīs second achievement was with me yesterday. I wasnīt feeling very well during our bike ride so I was quiet and riding mostly alone (my friends were around but I didnīt feel like talking). At a stop I was just standing waiting for us to move along, when this big fluff came and just put his head against my leg and quietly waited for a nice hug! He made my day...

I wish I had a pic of him, heīs a very handsome dog. My good friend adopted him from an old lady that couldnīt take care of him. He definitely found himself a great dog

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

oakley is offline Senior Member

awww, nice!

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

They just can't help being wonderful and endearing can they?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

I know... I only see this guy on weekends but he has really won me over. My other friends dogs are also great dogs (a german pointer and a mutt) but Sam is just a special dog in terms of reacting to your moods (and heīs such a cuddler... he lets you hug him and starts "purring")

I have to take a picture so you can meet him.

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

Wow. Some dogs are just incredible hey? So intuitive.

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Awww. He sounds like a very special dog.

Bella