Saw Cesar Millan last night on his Canadian Tour
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saw Cesar Millan last night on his Canadian Tour

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Thumbs upSaw Cesar Millan last night on his Canadian Tour

I had a GREAT time! It was an awesome show & Cesar has a great sense of humour There was of course a lot of reiteration that you typically see on his show, but in greater detail which really helped to piece it all together. I learned quite a bit last night!

Now, I know that not everyone here likes Cesar or believes in his methods & I respect that. There are some methods that even I, being a huge fan, do not agree with but overall I think he is wonderful & I have learned a lot from him, the biggest thing being to watch my energy & focus on the now whenever I am around Diesel.

I was surprised at how long the show was, almost 3 hours! There was a nice tribute to Daddy, his faithful Pitbull that passed away last year. None of his pack were there but there were dogs that were brought in (pre-selected with issues). They worked out pretty well, one pup was fed before the show when part of what he was there to demonstrate was the attraction to smells like food & he was completely uninterested! The best one was a dog obsessed with playing with balls & never tires of it to the point of being really annoying. Cesar redirected & resolved it in less than 5 minutes in a very logical way, the dog was avoiding Cesar to go to its owner because he knew he would get what he wanted from his mom! It was amazing to see the behaviour change so quickly & easily.

Near the end he brought out an amazing dog & little boy. The dog was a golden retriever that is completely blind, the little boy just a toddler who has such an incredible bond with his dog it was beautiful to see. I tried to google it to get a link but no luck. The dog's name is Smiley, I don't recall the boy's name but they are in Canada.

Anyhow, had a great time & really glad that I went!!
    Last edited by Diesel_Dawg; 11-02-2010 at 02:34 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I would love to see it! Maybe someday he will come close to us and I will have the time to go! Like you, I love to watch his show and have learned alot from his techniques. I even dvr the show so that I don't miss any. This morning I watched the episode they did on wolf hybrids. I was excited to see that they went to Mission Wolf. I went there last summer with my husband and brother and sister-in-law. I thought some of the wolves looked familiar in the intro, and sure enough, I have some pics of those same wolves from being there!!! My husband wants to volunteer some time there in the next year or so.

mandaz000 is offline Senior Member

I think it's awesome you got to go and really hope some day i will get to see one of his shows. I'm a huge fan, however like you i don't agree with everything he says and does, but a lot of it makes sense.

Amanda

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Sounds great. Glad you went and enjoyed it.

Bella

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

Yep I feel the same way, don't agree with everything - but I enjoy seeing him at work.
    I'm so pumped - my friend can't make the show and he's giving me his ticket to see the show in 2 weeks!!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

sounds good, I go tomorrow. Happy to hear it went well, I heard some bad things from his vancouver show (comparing dogs to women)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    sounds good, I go tomorrow. Happy to hear it went well, I heard some bad things from his vancouver show (comparing dogs to women)
    Seriously????!!!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I wasn't there - that is just waht I read on some review online but I haven't looked into it (might have been said as a joke but still)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

kaytris is offline Senior Member

i read the same thing - he was equating north american dogs to third world women...i have no idea of the context or the relevance, however.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I'm glad you went and enjoyed yourself.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast