Saw Cesar Millan last night on his Canadian Tour - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saw Cesar Millan last night on his Canadian Tour

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hunterchrome View Post
    Hunter inhales his food.... As long as Hunter exhibits the behavior I said he would, he makes it on the show.
    Make sure you don't feed him before the show!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trophy Hunter is offline Junior Member

My wife and I are big fans of his too!! He truly has a gift! We are going to his show in winnipeg I can't wait! I'd be surprised if he was calling down women. on his show and in his books he always talks about how he loves to empower women especially with powerfull breeds.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Hunterchrome - good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    What is Hunter's problem? I wish I could take my Maggie on the show -- I despair sometimes, she really has dog-dog issues.
    I was reading on how to get your dog on stage and he only takes dogs with "minor" (for lack of a better word) issues he can tackle on stage. No aggression or major issues. This probably make sit more "real life" for the average audience member. I also thought he would have dogs iwth more serious/significant issues on stage.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ok this is the review I read I think. But it is ONE review, all the others were quite positive - so who really knows what happened

Review of Cesar Millan show in Victoria 28oct10

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by hunterchrome View Post
    Hunter inhales his food. I am convinced he doesn't even chew his kibble. We had to buy him a slow down bowl which helps a little but not a whole lot. We have tried everything we can think of to fix it. I submitted a few minor things to fix in Hunter and food inhaling is what they picked. As long as Hunter exhibits the behavior I said he would, he makes it on the show. I really really hope we make it however either way we get free tickets to the show. They give you a dinner backstage package and Cesar merchandise if we make it. Should be exciting. Hunter is extra crazy when around new people, super excited and always eats like its the first meal he has seen

AHH! i'm so jealous you get free tickets/perks and possibly get Hunter on the show!!!!! You have to keep us updated! I see him in S'toon in 10 days

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    ok this is the review I read I think. But it is ONE review, all the others were quite positive - so who really knows what happened

Review of Cesar Millan show in Victoria 28oct10
    Okay, perhaps I don't offend easily. Who knows? Maybe he really did in Victoria make comparisons to women & dogs & the silence taught him a lesson as he did NOT do this at the Toronto show. He did however, make many jokes about the fact that he is a border jumper, his comparisons to the way Americans raise dogs versus Third World countries were funny simply because they are true, generally speaking.

I think the woman that wrote in to the GOSSIP columnist had a chip on her shoulder, she writes somewhere in there something to the affect that she went to the show with another person's opinion on her mind that he was a prick so it would seem she was fishing for evidence of just that. He's not perfect & does not claim to be. Everyone can be a prick here & there & omg when you have a large audience like that you cannot possibly please everyone & some are undoubtedly going to be offended.

Some people need to just lighten up.
    Last edited by Diesel_Dawg; 11-03-2010 at 07:03 PM.

hunterchrome is offline Senior Member

I will let you all know what happens saturday with his selection process. I was disappointed to find out the problem they wanted to fix was Hunter's eating too fast. That is so minor compared to other things that need to be fixed. If thats what gets us an opportunity to meet cesar milan, sure why not. We won't feed him before the show, he won't have eaten since 7am, he is gonna be hungry.... However if you ask him he is always hungry no matter what.
    Hunter & Chrome

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

I'm glad you went and that you had fun!!!

just saw the show - they are looking for very specific issues to present in the show - they did the crazy food issue at our show. I think their goal is to pick some of hte more common problems that can be addressed in that setting in a quick way. Like I said, I had been interested in contact him for my foster because of leash reactivity but they stated those are not the type of things they are looking to address in the stage setting.

CM is a really great speaker. The show was alot of fun, he is very entertaining. I agree with most of his philosophy (about exercise, "dicisipline" which I see as training/mental stimulation, affection) though I have not see his show so there may be some things I disagree with (I disagree with some thing or another with most traininers, but mostly believe different things work better for different dogs).

CUTEST chocolate lab puppy was on stage! honestly didn't pay much attention to CM while that pup was there

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

It was great! He's very funny and inspirational. He did some hilarious impersonations of people interacting with dogs - the high-pitched squeeky voice with puppies; nononononon, stop, don'tdothat, leaveitleaveitleaveit...

I've used his "no touch, no talk, no eye contact" approach for people who want to rush in to the house and pet Maggie, and it definitely puts her at ease (she clearly gives signals of discomfort, turning her head away and grumbling in her throat, but some people --even dog people -- don't "read" dog).

He stressed that the calm, relaxed state is best for many situations -- sitting is not enough. Corby and Maggie know they must sit quietly before they'll get fed, but now I see the difference between a relaxed sit and a still waiting-to-pounce-on-breakfast sit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast