Give me 2 minutes alone with her!!!

Thread: Give me 2 minutes alone with her!!!

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

DefaultGive me 2 minutes alone with her!!!

I'm so upset and angry for my poor breeder. ( I'll call her J on here)

She is one of the most caring and decent people I know.

She is absolutely what all of us lab lovers would class as a quality reputable breeder who breeds to improve the breed and not to make a fast buck, she treats her pups like family and their comfort, happiness and well being is paramount.

She always, whether it's your 1st pup or, like us, our 7th pup gives both verbal and written information about how to care for your puppy before allowing them home and would rather keep a pup than let it go to an unsuitable home.

Back track to this summer, where she met a lady, a very well to do lady I might add, at Crufts dog show. This lady was interested in J's dogs and inquired after a pup.

To cut a long story short, she had a baby yellow girl at 8 weeks, by 12 weeks she rang saying the pup had cystitis and that it was J's fault and what was she going to do about it!! J asked her questions to try and get to the bottom of it and it turns out this woman has a horse and she has been taking this wee pup to the stables every day, giving it a free rein to run anywhere and everywhere and she had been swimming in dirty water and picked it up there.

J warned her about over exercise too young and how it effects bone development and low and behold, 4 months later she rings J to say that "your defective puppy now has hip dysplasia and you can damn well meet all of our veterinary care bills from now on!!!" :shock:

Of course J said she wouldn't but would take the pup back and give her a full refund if she was so unhappy, she refused this offer and wrote to the KC complaining that J was an unfit breeder and very uncaring!

Without hearing J's version of events the KC have written her a horrible snotty letter giving her 2 weeks to respond to these claims or they will investigate her!!

I am sooooo cross if ever I met that cow I'd throttle her, J is one of the good guys in the lab world and doesn't need her reputation tarnishing by some stupid irresponsible cow like her!!

I have emailed J a character reference yesterday to send to the KC and she replied today to thank me saying it had moved her to tears, I so hope it doesn't put her off breeding as it will be a sad day in lab land if she does

sorry that was so long but it made me mad!!

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

All it takes is one rotten person to spoil it for everyone. 1st I feel sorry for the pup, she obviously doesn't really care about that pups health or she would listen to what was being told to her. 2nd. Trashing that breeder isn't right, just because of one stupid person, I sure hope the KC listens to someone other than the one idiot. Will others stand up for her too? There's power in numbers. Let us know what happens.

Samson is offline Senior Member

I have heard about and experienced KC decisions and would not contribute one fig to help them Kate !

Sound like not what you know but who you know.

THe same with the RSPCA ! The bigger they are then the further they get away from welfare and get bogged down by PC bollocks ( excuse me )

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Looks like that biatch sure was not responsible enough to get a pup.. how sad for the puppy and your breeder.
    I hope that it works out for the best for your breeder. She must have a good reputation and if they will investigate, I'm sure they will hear your breeder's side of the story, evidence etc. Or at least, I hope they will..

justine is offline Senior Member

Ah crap. What an idiot lady - I would punch/trip her if I saw her and steal the dog. Poor puppy, too.. Irresponsible owners drive me up a tree - especially when they were given directions on what not to do.. then they go and do it anyways.

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Oh wow, that is horrible for J. I hope she gets it straightened out soon.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

Seamus Lab is offline Senior Member

Terrible story. I hope the breeder comes out okay.