Just Labradors banner

Hair Growth

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  javasmom 
#1 ·
Bailey had stitches almost 2 months ago and the vet had to shave a square on her side. I was wondering how long it takes for the hair to fully grow back? The hair seems to be growing back very slowly and her patch is still very noticable. The hair that has grown back is still short and thin.

#3 ·
I was wondering the same thing. Diesel is still growing back fur on his paw from the IV he had back in Sept. The vet chose to put the IV for his recent neuter in his other paw so now he will have matching patches! I hope they grow back soon but I am guessing a few months would be normal.

#4 ·
I post this every time someone asks a question about hair growth, so I'll post it for you. :)
Pure Vitamin E liquid, twice a day, rubbed well into the affected area encourages fur regrowth.
Just buy a bottle of E caplets, split them open and rub the contents into the shaved area.
This worked very well on Paddy with a HORRIBLE lick granuloma on the top of a front paw.

#8 ·
Well, Moka had her surgeries for her broken leg in January of this year-almost 11 months ago and her fur is finally ALMOST normal again. It honestly took her about 9 months for it to grow back in. She looked ridiculous for the longest time...when it did start growing in it was just her undercoat, so her butt was orange (she's dark chocolate). She she looked like peanut butter and chocolate.
Java on the other hand had her first knee surgery in March-they shaved her entire back leg and butt. By the time she went infor her second surgery in June, 10 weeks later, her fur had completely grown back in on the other side. You would never have known she was shaved. Now, after both surgeries, her fur is completely back to normal.
One of the differences may have been that Java has been on Fish oil and Vit. E. since before her surgeries, where Moka was not. Maybe that helped with regrowth.

Strange thing with Java though....(she's chocolate too) the fur all along both incisions on her legs has grown back WHITE!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.