Sunday at the park

Thread: Sunday at the park

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultSunday at the park

An afternoon at the bark park was in order.

The rain had stopped and it was warming up. We met a 18 week old yellow lab who just wouldn't stay still, it was his first time there and he had a blast. He was playing with a female chocolate lab who was very small for her age but was enjoying herself with the butterball. I didn't get his name.............

We went through the woods one last time and Fanny came flying down the hill and I here this yelp and she goes limping by. Oh boy. Couldn't find anything in her paw and she stopped limping so we kept on back to the car.

We walk up a hill and there are 2 young men playing frisbee golf, they kindly wait for us and one of them asks, is your dog a white shepherd? Nope, they are taller, she is a yellow lab. Oh.

We get to the bottom of the hill near the parking lot and there is a young man with a GSD puppy. Adorable. It was an unusual color, blue grey and when I commented him on the color the owner said, yes he is a blue shepherd.

Fanny lies down at my feet, as usual, and I think hmmm, he got done, and he says oh look she is being submissive................

She lies at my feet when ever I stop because of her HD, she gets a rest in and then of we go. I say, oh, she is just resting, then I ask the puppies age - 13 weeks - I am trying to socialize him............

I couldn't help but think of silver labs, turkey herding labs and the like, but the puppy was gorgeous and next time I will take my camera and get some pics...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

Wow.. Blue GSD. I think I've seen one before - one of the police dogs that boards at the kennel I worked at.

http://www.4gsd.net/colours.html

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

Great link!

I have never seen one and he is a cutie and I see that color is not part of the standard. I don't suppose he cares, he just wanted an adorable puppy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

joflake is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by justine View Post
    Wow.. Blue GSD. I think I've seen one before - one of the police dogs that boards at the kennel I worked at.

http://www.4gsd.net/colours.html
    I just sat and read that whole article. Thanks for that. It's very informative and interesting. I like GSD a lot and it's good to learn something about them.