labs + mud = a mess
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: labs + mud = a mess

georgie is offline Senior Member

Defaultlabs + mud = a mess

I must have been out of my mind when I got light tan berber carpet in the family room. The room is off the back deck where the girls come in all the time. It has been raining the last two days and there is a spot at the side of the steps that is just a mud hole. They run there and the grass is gone. Of course they have to walk though it when they come in. As much as I wipe their paws I see there are a few muddy paw prints on the carpet. Any tips for cleaning them. I usually wipe them up right away but noticed some don't come out completely. What do you folks do? Let it dry a bit before cleaning or clean it right away? Good thing they are so darn cute...can't be mad at them. Maybe I could have SU put a few patio stones over the mud hole temporarily.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

I hate that too. I wipe their feet but if they do get mud on the carpet I let it dry first, vacuum then use a cleaning solution.

I told the story here of the time Sadie's feet had so much mud on them there was no way to wipe that off. I had to get her to the bathtub but I didn't want her to walk on the carpet so I put baggies on her feet and used rubberbands to hold them on there I couldn't pick her up she was too heavy. What a mess that was to get a Lab to hold still with mud everywhere to put on baggies!! LOL

dweck is offline Senior Member

Why is it that a Lab covered in mud can be BEGGED on the front step to shake it off and will just stare at you like you're asking him/her to suddenly levitate and fly around the neighborhood? And why is it that that same mud-covered Lab will -- 10 seconds later after you've given up on asking for the shake and allowed him to enter -- will THEN remember how to shake, sending rainwater and mud spritzing all over your foyer?

Why is that?

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I let it dry completely then brush the big dirt out; after that I use Resolve carpet cleaner on the spots. Works just fine.

Seamus and Flynn

georgie is offline Senior Member

Midwest girl & nance - Thanks. Maybe I was doing it too soon. I will let it dry, vacum then get the cleaner out.

Dweck - if you figure that out let me know. Also, same principle....why do they have to rub up against the walls when they are muddy? They are so quick they have a big muddy spot on the wall before I can get them to the basement to clean them off.

labby is offline Senior Member

No, mud + Labs = very happy Labs.

Laura

zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Yep; mine are VERY happy...well at least Zena and my foster dog. Zena is even happier when eating it!

javasmom is offline Senior Member

I'd probably get a small area rug or runner for in front of the door where they come in.
    Otherwise, I always wait until the mud dries before cleaning it up, otherwise it just ends up smearing all over and getting ground in. It cleans up much easier when it's dry.
    I also invested in a full sized steam cleaner because like you, I have brand new light tan berber carpeting in a couple of rooms. Most of the rooms are hardwoods, and the dogs' room is older blue carpet that we're looking to replace.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I really do not want to steal this thread, or start a Lab Color War, but this is the reason that Chocolate Labs are superior to Blacks or Yellows. Take all three colors and let them play in the mud. Only one comes out clean, and that would be the Chocolate. The other two look a mess. like they were playing in mud. (pretend there is an image here of a chocolate lab smiling and winking at you)
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Ha! HersheyK's! That is soooo true!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast