Grr Parker. Here We Go Again

Thread: Grr Parker. Here We Go Again

mombear is offline Senior Member

DefaultGrr Parker. Here We Go Again

OMG what am I going to do with this dog. Hubs had his car worked on and the guy was going to drive up and drop it off. The dogs were outside. I had Parker on a leash but then hubs said it would be about an hour so I took it off. Hubs was wrong and about two minutes after I let him off I saw the guy start to pull in the drive. I grabbed parker to put it back on but of course seeing the van pull on he squirmed away. He was fine when the guy was talking to me not jumping, I was yelling no jumping and let the guy pet him, but again when the guy was walking away he jumped up and grabbed his pants and his shirt. Didn't get him but damn that just aggravates me so much. He is just so excitable and obnoxious. Is there anyone else with a dog that does this. If so, what do you do. I am just sick about this. I know I've posted this problem before and you guys probably think I'm a dumb shit because he still does it but I just don't know what to do. If he bites someone he'll probably have to be put down and I just can't bear the thought of that. Please help me if you can. Thanks
    Last edited by mombear; 09-27-2010 at 06:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Oooh! Grabbing clothing. That's not good. That would make me really nervous.
    I have no idea how to help you with this but I'll be watching replies from the experienced trainers out there!

Seamus and Flynn

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I have been having a problem with Gemma jumping and snapping at people even me lately. I make her sit and reward, but lately she was so bad I asked about it and given me some good advise about going back and reteaching sit and reinforcing quick reponses. It helped.I have to be firm with Gems and not give her an inch. I tell people if she jumps move away and I tell her to sit.
    The reason why Gems does it and Parkers may be bit diffferent as Gems isn't my dog, but spends a lot of time here and the back and forth is part of her problem. Hopefully Nancy will see this and either her or one of the other trainers will be more helpful.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Reread the previous posts and the advice given. I'd also be instituting a firm NILIF programme for Parker (LTD) and NO more running loose. period.

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

This is all vaguely familiar. What have you done with the advice that was given when you posted about this in the past?
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

mombear is offline Senior Member

Well most of the people that posted said to keep him on a leash when people are coming etc as I posted I had the leash to put on him but the guy came before scheduled and I could not get it on him. I did get between Parker and the guy to keep him from persisting and he did back down a little. Parker is otherwise a pretty good dog. I think if I had someone I knew to "practice" with who could wear old clothes and just come and then try to walk away. I could probably work with him but I don't really know anyone. My thoughts would be to use the leash in that case, or maybe have the person have a spray bottle of vinegar or something.

Samson is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mombear View Post
    Well most of the people that posted said to keep him on a leash when people are coming etc as I posted I had the leash to put on him but the guy came before scheduled and I could not get it on him. I did get between Parker and the guy to keep him from persisting and he did back down a little. Parker is otherwise a pretty good dog. I think if I had someone I knew to "practice" with who could wear old clothes and just come and then try to walk away. I could probably work with him but I don't really know anyone. My thoughts would be to use the leash in that case, or maybe have the person have a spray bottle of vinegar or something.
    It doesn't need to be vinegar ! Water is fine as a deterrent in most cases.