Misplaced clothes

Thread: Misplaced clothes

justine is offline Senior Member

DefaultMisplaced clothes

Sometimes I will come home from being at class/work for a few hours and there will be a stray piece of clothing laying in the living room.

When it's a sock, I always think "oh, maybe I took my socks off and dropped one," but when it's a T-shirt or scrubs, that doesn't really work.

It's always something that was laying on the top of my hamper and it almost always ends up on my chaise lounge, where Abbey normally lays.

Anyone else have a clothes thief/misplacer?

I have to laugh when I come home and clothes are in weird spots.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Finnpup is offline Senior Member

Awwww....She probably misses you and takes your clothes (and sleeps on them) to feel better =).

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I see that every now and then. It's so sweet she wants your scent while you are gone.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MNLab is offline Senior Member

Yep, but it's always socks around here! Heck, sometimes I go to put on my socks and my toes stick out when they shouldn't be!
    Cute that she seems to want to smell you while you're gone though, mine just like to eat socks, has nothing to do with their affinity for me!
    Chantel and...

Daisy, Hayshaker She's Utterly Unforgettable, CGC
    Lola, our mellow yellow gal. Gotcha on 1-7-07

hark67 is offline Senior Member

So sweet....definate proof that she is missing you when you go away. That just makes me smile.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

My Golden Retriever used to go down to the laundry room and bring up one article at a time and leave them in a trail, starting at the front door in the living room. You could judge how long he'd been bored by how long the trail was.

The weirdest thing is, he hated going up and down those stairs, and normally would not go down there if anyone was home!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

I have had two dogs that did that with clothes. First was my Mom's little white poodle. She was a rescue and never acted prissy or anything. Just a loving bundle and she adored my mother. When we were gone she would always go into the bathroom and open the little cabinet where Mom kept her PJs. She would pull them out into the hallway and make a little nest. She did it every day Mom went out to work. The second dog was our "pound puppy" we rescued for our kids. She was a sweetie too and missed my son the most. She would drag his clothes in a pile and sleep on them or take them up on his bed and snuggle while he was away at school. I think they just really miss their "people" and want our scent around them. Given the history of labs and chewing, we have made every effort to pick up our "stuff" and secure it in the hampers and laundry baskets daily. So far we haven't lost anything to the chewing machines. (I am knocking on wood as I write this to be safe.)
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Pitch does that, but with Shoes...he loves holding onto shoes.

Betzfamily is offline Member

It is socks and shoes for Roxy. She never chews them up, but she carries them around everywhere and then drops them off wherever she happens to stop (laundry room, outside, living room, kitchen, garage). Crazy thing is -- it is ALWAYS the left shoe. NEVER the right shoe.

And, she is mindful of the season...in the summer, it is flip flops. Now that the weather is turning cold, she'll carry around slippers or socks. Never tennis shoes or dress shoes...only sandals or slippers.

Silly labbies!