Sammi's new vet : )

Thread: Sammi's new vet : )

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

DefaultSammi's new vet : )

I love him!! I have been pretty stressed about finding a new vet for Sam. We loved her old vet and when she moved out of the area I was sad for losing her and worried about finding someone that we and Sam would like just as well. So I waited until I had no choice because her Rabies was due.
    I checked around with everyone I knew and finally settled on a clinic my friend goes to. So today we met " DR. Dax" Sammi loves him, he was thorough- says Sammi is the perfect wt., teeth look great, skin, coat, blood work etc. Joints, well from his physical exam- dx. "Excellent health" " keep doing what your doing" Whoohoo!! He agrees with the 3yr. immunizations, and is fine with me doing the ones I can. Then we can titer if this is want I want to do. I am so happy and so relieved!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

How wonderful! It's so important having a good vet that you and your animals trust! And so unnerving when you lose one you like. Glad to hear that Sammi is doing so well.

When we got Toby, we had to change vets because I'd only had cats before and was taking them to a feline-specific vet here in town (whom I loved). I made sure to use every vet in the new practice - there are 5 - to see whom I liked best, and so that in case of emergency, any one of them would be at least a bit familiar with us. Well, almost 5 years later I do have my favorite now, but I'm happy to go to any one of them - so much so that I switched the cats over to the practice as well.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TobysTrix View Post
    How wonderful! It's so important having a good vet that you and your animals trust! And so unnerving when you lose one you like. Glad to hear that Sammi is doing so well.

When we got Toby, we had to change vets because I'd only had cats before and was taking them to a feline-specific vet here in town (whom I loved). I made sure to use every vet in the new practice - there are 5 - to see whom I liked best, and so that in case of emergency, any one of them would be at least a bit familiar with us. Well, almost 5 years later I do have my favorite now, but I'm happy to go to any one of them - so much so that I switched the cats over to the practice as well.
    This is true Ursula, we only saw one of 3 vets. Well actually two- one of the others was in the hall when I was leaving with Sammi and bent down to meet her. Made points with Mom and Sam : )
    Last edited by Di; 09-22-2010 at 08:48 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am so glad you found a vet you like.