WARNING! First hand experience with Squeaker Toy

Thread: WARNING! First hand experience with Squeaker Toy

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

ExclamationWARNING! First hand experience with Squeaker Toy

This may have been discussed before but I am posting because I just de-squeaked about 20 toys.

Sully was throwing up 2 days after her spay and could not keep food down. We thought it was the Rimadyl. She got an anti-nausea shot at the vet in the afternoon, that was on Monday that this happened. She did not throw up again after the shot but this morning pooped out a squeaker from a toy. I was shocked. This must be why she was throwing up. It may have been stuck somewhere probably in her esophagus or intestines.

Some of the toys had little plastic boxes in them with computer chips that were already cracked open......I hate to think what those could have done if they were ingested!

Toys can come in this house but if they have anything other than stuffing in them it is getting surgery to remove it. Not real keen on the stuffing either - took most of that out as well while I was at it and also all the ones with the little plastic bb's in them.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

UGH Sandie! Poor girl! None of that in my house, not taking any chances. Kongs, and lots of Nylabones, the only exception is Macy's "baby".

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Poor Sully having to deal with two problems. I hope she is getting better.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

HK gets unhappy with me when I hear the squeaker in a toy. I take it away from her immediately and perform the Squeakotomy. I don't know if she loves the noise, or the challenge to kill it more. She doesn't tear stuffies apart if they are desqueaked.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I hear you Sandie. The list of toys we have in the house is really short.

The boys won a lot of fuzzy toys during Rally and Obedience. I ended up letting them hold them at the show if they wanted, but they ultimately ended up in a drawer and I finally donated them to NHA earlier this year. One bowel obstruction was plenty for me - I never want any of us to have to go through that again.

I'm so glad she pooped it out! Very scary.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

EEEK! She had never done that while here!! Now Rhumba on the other hand - YES. Sully never. But her mother did eat 6 pair of flip flops, a remote control and cell phone.
    Kim

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

That´s why in my house only the toughest nylabones are permitted...

BTW did the squeaker whistled every time she let off a gas? LOL sorry couldn´t resist it...

georgie is offline Senior Member

I'm glad it came out & she is okay. I can't have squeeky or stuffed toys for my girls. they are torn apart almost immdeiately. They just have Nylabones, Kongs and the Cube.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Poor Sully. Glad she seems to be ok. Although Buddy doesn't ever chew up his toys, the seams are made of poorly on most that they just come apart with regular play. I've decided to just buy the already destuffed toys. He loves those.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie